GT350R break upgrade for a GT

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
im looking at a big break upgrade. The gr350r would be my best case if money is available. I know it’s a hefty price tag but it does come with rear axles.
Looking for advice from anyone who has done the upgrade on a base GT, 2015-2017.
I’m running Project 6GR seven spoke, 20x11 in the back and 19x10 in the front. Will these rims clear the gt350r kit?

Thanks
Tim
Sponsored

Mr.Mustang_55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
German
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 and 2018 Nissan Rogue
Vehicle Showcase
im looking at a big break upgrade. The gr350r would be my best case if money is available. I know it’s a hefty price tag but it does come with rear axles.
Looking for advice from anyone who has done the upgrade on a base GT, 2015-2017.
I’m running Project 6GR seven spoke, 20x11 in the back and 19x10 in the front. Will these rims clear the gt350r kit?

Thanks
Tim
Hi, I am looking to do the same thing. if you honestly think about it its a great bang for your buck, because a single Brembo break kit cost 4K+ . With regards to the wheel as long as it is 19in it will clear what you have to look at is the offset for the rear wheel it needs to be the same as the gt350/r because if not the wheel will sit out of the fender. Have you looked at the LMR installation video? it explains everything. Adding the link.

OP
OP
NewTekBuzz

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Hi, I am looking to do the same thing. if you honestly think about it its a great bang for your buck, because a single Brembo break kit cost 4K+ . With regards to the wheel as long as it is 19in it will clear what you have to look at is the offset for the rear wheel it needs to be the same as the gt350/r because if not the wheel will sit out of the fender. Have you looked at the LMR installation video? it explains everything. Adding the link.

I have no idea on the offset, project 6GR set it up for me....
Back is 50mm offset
Front is 35mm offset

Thanks for the link!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks
Tim
Are you doing this for looks?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Went boosted and would like better stopping power, a portion is for looks but would need to do axles at some point anyway.
Upgrade pads, or do the GT PP brembos if you don't have them. You'll have more than enough.

OP
OP
NewTekBuzz

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Upgrade pads, or do the GT PP brembos if you don't have them. You'll have more than enough.
I thought about the PP brembos... they are in my price range. Just like the fact that the 350r kit comes with half shafts... and those are on my short list.
Do you see any reason NOT to do the 350r kit aside of price?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about the PP brembos... they are in my price range. Just like the fact that the 350r kit comes with half shafts... and those are on my short list.
Do you see any reason NOT to do the 350r kit aside of price?
It puts you in a situation where many 19" wheels do not clear the front brakes, and they are way overkill for anyone not doing continuous lapping on a racetrack. The PP brembos are easier to do maintenance on, clear most 19" wheels with proper offsets, and have more than enough stopping power to slow a boosted car with authority on the street. Also, if you're boosted, the 350 axles aren't really much of an upgrade. And yeah, it's 4X the price for no real gain.

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
It puts you in a situation where many 19" wheels do not clear the front brakes, and they are way overkill for anyone not doing continuous lapping on a racetrack. The PP brembos are easier to do maintenance on, clear most 19" wheels with proper offsets, and have more than enough stopping power to slow a boosted car with authority on the street. Also, if you're boosted, the 350 axles aren't really much of an upgrade. And yeah, it's 4X the price for no real gain.

I drive an R and a boosted PP GT regularly and think the PP brakes are great. Far more than you will ever need in traffic. You end up watching your rear view making sure you don’t get slammed in the ass as much as you watch the obstacle in front of you. There is a false sense of safety by having better brakes because not everyone does and you can still suffer when they hit you.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
6 piston front is more than enough. You don't need 350 setup. plus switching pads is super easy on the 6 piston vs the Shelby that you basically have to take everything apart.
Sponsored