Sponsored

GT350 Unique Component Weights

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Since I have a set of GT350 Seats, and I am looking to lightweight my S550 as much as possible I figure it is about time to compare these components.

I am looking to acquire lightweighted GT350 Components. Some of which might not be cost effective, so having and idea of dollar per lb would likely be very helpful. I figure we can start cataloging some of the weights as more info comes we find out.

The manual Recaro seats in the GT350 are a little over 2lbs lighter than the base cloth Recaros inspite the additional bolstering.

Weights taking where from the driver side which features a manual height adjustment level and mechanism. The passenger side does not, and likely weighs less. I will probably weigh the passenger side base cloth Recaro at some point, and use it to deduce the passenger side weight if I keep the GT350 seats in my car.

Base Recaro, Drivers side:

GT350 Recaro, Drivers side:

GT350 Reacaro Seat Price.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
that's with all the mounting brackets / hardware, correct?
I figure we can drop 20lbs per side with a decent racing seat (for track use).
That'll just about balance out the add'l weight of a rollbar.

OP
OP
68fbjjz109

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
The 4 T50 Torx bolts are not included, nor are the Bolt Vanity covers which snap into the Seat Track Covers.

However that is the Seat, Seat Tracks, Track Covers, and Seat Side Airbag Harness.

As measured the seat is plug and play, aside from the bolts and vanity covers.

healntoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 GT350 Convertible
I wasn't sure where to post this but found on the ford.com site...vehicle weights for every Mustang, including all GT350 offerings

V6 Manual 3526
V6 Automatic 3530
EcoBoost® Manual 3532
EcoBoost® Automatic 3524
GT Manual 3705
GT Automatic 3729
Shelby GT350® 3760
Shelby GT350® with tech package 3798
Shelby GT350® with track package 3791
Shelby® GT350R 3650
Shelby® GT350R with electronics package 3703

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Since I have a set of GT350 Seats, and I am looking to lightweight my S550 as much as possible I figure it is about time to compare these components.

I am looking to acquire lightweighted GT350 Components. Some of which might not be cost effective, so having and idea of dollar per lb would likely be very helpful. I figure we can start cataloging some of the weights as more info comes we find out.

The manual Recaro seats in the GT350 are a little over 2lbs lighter than the base cloth Recaros inspite the additional bolstering.

Weights taking where from the driver side which features a manual height adjustment level and mechanism. The passenger side does not, and likely weighs less. I will probably weigh the passenger side base cloth Recaro at some point, and use it to deduce the passenger side weight if I keep the GT350 seats in my car.

Base Recaro, Drivers side:

GT350 Recaro, Drivers side:

Nice!!! Good info!!!
Sponsored