• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

GT350 Strut brace & Steeda RLCA Bearing - FORD FAIR

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Some of the stuff I have in the garage and as the car will be sold in the future, I am as such lettings some parts go, some un-used, some used briefly:

Genuine Ford GT 350 Strut Brace - Came of a GT 350

Picture is attached.

This does fit RHD, it needs no washed or anything, literally undo your bolts, put this on and tighten down. Takes five minutes. Pictured attached is it on my car. Yes it will touch the k-brace but no negative impact by doing so, of course you could use a washer or two to lift the brace a couple of mm to clear or you can carefully cut a section from the brace on the underside, as its on the RHD that touches marginally, but its so marginal it does not even mark the brace or k-brace. As such I ran it with no washers problem free!

Price: £200 - Ford Fair, SIMPLY MUSTANGS

Steeda RLCA Bearing - BRAND NEW

Removes the slop from the rear giving the best reduction in wheel hop and slop, makes the car far more direct, great for those who's car are weekend toys or track cars. For a daily driver this might induce a little to much NVH, depending how sensitive you are.

It also comes with tool to press the bearings in and out.

Price: £100 and remember its BRAND NEW (£175 on Steeda) - Ford Fair, SIMPLY MUSTANGS!

That is it, want the above, post here and come find me, the grey one with bright green calipers. :)
IMG_8386.jpg
IMG_8385.jpg
555-4117--1.jpg
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
if you can post i'd be interested in the strut brace i can't make it down this weekend unfortunately little busy

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you can post i'd be interested in the strut brace i can't make it down this weekend unfortunately little busy
If no one takes it at FF, it is yours buddy. :)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
edit: I'm starting to believe Ford made a running change to the GT350 brace with the first ones looking like mine (but in steel) and they later switched to a brace that looks like a regular GT brace for the non-R.

I WAS about 99.9% sure that is NOT a GT350 strut tower brace.

I have a GT350R brace (picture below). The R is aluminum but the regular GT350 pictures I've seen look identical but made of steel.
WP_20170803_07_00_41_Rich.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yours is the R, the regular 350 brace is as pictured as mine or certainly was in the early production years.

It came of a GT 350 car as the owner got the R version.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't want to be "that guy" but I'm about 99.9% sure that is NOT a GT350 strut tower brace.

I have a GT350R brace (picture below). The R is aluminum but the regular GT350 pictures I've seen look identical but made of steel.

If you search google Shelby GT 350 engine bay, you can see many 2016 examples of GT 350's which have the same strut brace as myself.

Like I say my brace came of a GT 350 car, it was not purchased in aftermarket, so your are either incorrect or on later build 350's they all started getting the 1kg lighter 350R brace as standard, this version can be purchased from Nemesis here in the UK for £360

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2016-shelby-gt350-talk/956729-i-now-have-my-dream-car.html

[ame]

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yours is the R, the regular 350 brace is as pictured as mine or certainly was in the early production years.

It came of a GT 350 car as the owner got the R version.
If so, it must have been a very early production change. I found many 2015 and early 2016 GT350 (non R) magazine photos showing a strut tower brace that looks exactly like mine (but in steel). I also found a few pictures of project cars with the brace like yours but they all appear to be the same car at various stages. When I first saw the pictures a while ago I thought someone had put a regular Ford Performance GT brace on after losing or selling the original.

Thought I might get some clarification from the on-line Ford parts ordering system but unfortunately, they use the same drawing for the GT, GT350 and GT350R for all years and that drawing is the same as the actual regular GT bar.

Oh well.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Like I say my brace came of a GT 350 car, it was not purchased in aftermarket, so your are either incorrect or on later build 350's they all started getting the 1kg lighter 350R brace as standard, this version can be purchased from Nemesis here in the UK for £360
Don't think you are following, when I was shopping for my brace (well over a year ago), the GT350 and GT350R braces LOOKED identical, but one is steel and the other is aluminum. Maybe the stores had messed up pictures; it wouldn't be the first time. But I have never seen a magazine picture using a Ford loaner with any other looking brace.

As I posted before, I have seen pictures of customer cars with the brace that looks like that video and yours but had assumed the original had been swapped or sold.

But I'm not claiming Ford never put a brace that looked like a regular GT brace on a GT350 from the factory. Just that its new to me.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah. It is weird that Ford was putting braces that look like mine on regular 350s even as far back as in early 2015 as shown in major car mag shoots.

Now I'm beginning to think maybe Ford started putting these GT looking braces in the later GT350s to save some money. That part you linked has a C suffix, the earlier year parts had an A or B suffix, but I'm talking about replacement part numbers and your link is for the Ford Performance version.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yeah tbh I always thought this style was the 350 brace and the one like yours was the R brace (lighter) never realised they did your style in stamped steel too

either way a brace is a brace and it still a fair bit cheaper than it would cost to buy the 220 usd one and ship it over here

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
yeah tbh I always thought this style was the 350 brace and the one like yours was the R brace (lighter) never realised they did your style in stamped steel too

either way a brace is a brace and it still a fair bit cheaper than it would cost to buy the 220 usd one and ship it over here
They are a great mod. I doubt there is any difference in performance between all the Ford braces (which Ford calls a tie bar in the parts catalog - in case having trouble finding them LoL).

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] Stupid questions time

so is it steel or Alu ??
No idea, but the 350R brace is 1kg lighter and is £360 from Nemesis.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No idea, but the 350R brace is 1kg lighter and is £360 from Nemesis.
The steel ones are magnet magnets. Slap a refrigerator magnet on it and drive around the block. If its still there when you get back, its steel.
Sponsored