Sponsored

Gt2259 compressor wheel replacement

Frogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR IC JLT CAI ATP DP Meth INJ Cobb Tune FR ABs
I jacked up my compressor wheel with a nut hitting it while running. No metal got through and the turbo has been running fine except it puts out only 7 psi instead of my tuned 23+ psi. My question: if I replace this part with another from a Gt2259, do I need to sweat the specs or are they universal among various cars? At least this part ?

I posted a picture for your viewing pleasure.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Damn that sucks! Sorry to hear this or see it!

OP
OP

Frogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR IC JLT CAI ATP DP Meth INJ Cobb Tune FR ABs
I almost made it my turbo upgrade excuse but ATP missed their window, for now. I've been running at 7 psi for a couple of months and don't even know what several new bolt ons feel like with my stock turbo working correctly. I think I can replace the compressor wheel for less than $200. Just want to make sure before I order the correct part and there are no gotchas.

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
Dude just wait people are swaping turbos u def can get a stock one from someone

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea that's true, as soon as the kits start shipping out in the next couple weeks there will be several ppl on here ready to get rid of the stock turbo

Sponsored

Jap Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MT82 PP EcoBoost Mustang
I have a complete stock turbocharger assembly in good working condtion , PM me if your interested

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I almost made it my turbo upgrade excuse but ATP missed their window, for now. I've been running at 7 psi for a couple of months and don't even know what several new bolt ons feel like with my stock turbo working correctly. I think I can replace the compressor wheel for less than $200. Just want to make sure before I order the correct part and there are no gotchas.
What was the impact on your FE with the 'detuned' turbo....35? 36? LOL...sorry, couldn't resist.... :cool:

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
To answer your initial question you cannot replace just the wheel on it with a GT22 unit. Most GT22's are cast compressor wheels and your factory one is a billet unit. Not to mention this is a proprietary wheel for the Ecoboost Mustang so the compressor wheel to cover tolerances will be off. I highly suggest you do a turbo upgrade or purchase Jap Tuning's stock turbo.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
If you search for my other thread covering prices of a new motor and turbo, you can get a new turbo from Ford for about $1100. May be cheaper than waiting for someone to get a upgraded turbo kit and sell you their stock unit.
Sponsored