GT Livernois Dyno progression. With graphs

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for posting all the graphs. The mid-range increase is insane!

I bet pulls hard all the way to redline!

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Nice graphs!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
  • Banned
Took me forever, but I got it done finally.

For a na car, with these few parts. I'm really impressed

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Those are nice numbers. Can you post a graph with both the Headers and the JLT (instead of baseline)?

That is a nice final number to be at. But not sure if the header bang for buck is there for me - need to see area under curve changes to know for sure.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Last graph is headers, jlt, gibson and Livernois tune.... Obviously:-)

$1100 for headers with that improvement in Hp and tq? Yep. Worth it and it won't be a restriction later on
I know the last graph is for the headers (and everything else), but that is headers with baseline graphed. I am wondering if you can post one that is for headers and jlt (no headers) graphed - so one can more easily see the difference under the curve between the 2.

20 whp for $1100 is alright bang for buck, imo. But isn't the install fairly involved as well? What was the installed price?

Thing is, I am thinking of going with a procharger and am debating whether I am better off putting that $1100 (plus install) towards the SC instead. Yes, I appreciate the SC AND headers would yield better results, but I suspect the SC alone will make me more than happy.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
I'll ask if they can email it Tomorrow.

You'd be leaving a lot on the table with factory headers and a blower

Livernois installed them for me, I would have, but with the price they gave me, it wasn't worth my time. Was cheaper for me to have them do it.

It's not that involved though.

Cai
Motor mounts
Steering shaft

Flexible fingers

Flex head wrenches

Decent assortment of extensions and a swivel

I had my 69 in my work bay at the time too, repairing a header tube..... Well actually relocating a header tube!

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

Livernois installed them for me, I would have, but with the price they gave me, it wasn't worth my time. Was cheaper for me to have them do it.

It's not that involved though.

Cai
Motor mounts
Steering shaft

Flexible fingers

Flex head wrenches

Decent assortment of extensions and a swivel

I had my 69 in my work bay at the time too, repairing a header tube..... Well actually relocating a header tube!
Thanks. not sure if you are aware, but you can download the winpep software from dynojet. If you get livernois to send you the dyno file, you can load it up and play around, add/remove runs to graphs, change to different types of correction, change what displays on the axis, and more.

It is great.

http://www.dynojet.com/downloads/Software-and-manuals.aspx?ProdType=Dyno-Software-Firmware-Other

2c5s

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6

Not true. I extensively tested my 2012 Roush blower car up 750 rwhp. All long tubes did at that level was drop the boost, i.e. less restriction by a pound or two. No power increase. Could I have upped the boost at that point, sure, but the blower was already maxed out. So up to 750 wheel, save your money and throw a meth kit on it to cool the blower and the charge. Safety first.... Just my .02.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not true. I extensively tested my 2012 Roush blower car up 750 rwhp. All long tubes did at that level was drop the boost, i.e. less restriction by a pound or two. No power increase. Could I have upped the boost at that point, sure, but the blower was already maxed out. So up to 750 wheel, save your money and throw a meth kit on it to cool the blower and the charge. Safety first.... Just my .02.
I had a 2011 that was boosted and now my 2015 is and I won't put headers on it. I feel like it's too expensive for the gains you get If you get any at all. If I was N/A I would do it but not with a blower. U can easily get over 600rwhp with any blower kit made for this car.

OP
OP

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond

You proved me right in your post. Thanks

The headers allowed you to lower boost and make the same power more efficiently.

Annnnnnd Thanks!

A meth kit for safety? Please tell me your kidding.

Safe, till it malfunctions. Or you run out of meth.

Safe is a correct tune. Then there is no need for a safety net. My coupe made 980 to the wheels on 93. No need for meth. The tune was correct.

Highports
Gt47-88mm
Bs3
Precision 1000 water to air intercooler.

Basic set up. No safety nets. Reliable power I drove to work, Woodward dream cruise anywhere. No band aids needed

I hate this saying but........ A motor is only a air pump...... The faster and more efficiently you get air in and out the more more you'll make. There are a lot of variables involved mainly heat, but it's still true. You forcing air in and choking it on the way out.
Sponsored