Sponsored

GT is gone and I couldnt be happier

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
my gt had a horrible vibration after 60-65mph, my stock tires were pretty worn, and worn unevenly at that, got new wheels and tires, completely solved :shrug:

my 07 gli has a pretty bad vibration at 70mph but its on 19in rotiforms with 35 series tires and air ride, and has had bends repaired in 2-3 of the wheels from the previous owner, its just my daily and ive had the suspension checked multiple times, so i donut really care, as im assuming its just my shitty wheels lol
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
"Looks like I may be going back to Chevy for the short term."........as you have already "lemon-law'd" a Dodge, tried to LL a Ford, I highly doubt you will find harmony with Chevy.........the very worst vehicle I have ever owned, in terms of quality and warranty issues was a GM product...and I'm not particularly picky about vehicles and warranty claims. People LL Lexus, BMW & Mercedes every day too......no mass-produced vehicle is ever going to be perfect.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
my gt had a horrible vibration after 60-65mph, my stock tires were pretty worn, and worn unevenly at that, got new wheels and tires, completely solved :shrug:

my 07 gli has a pretty bad vibration at 70mph but its on 19in rotiforms with 35 series tires and air ride, and has had bends repaired in 2-3 of the wheels from the previous owner, its just my daily and ive had the suspension checked multiple times, so i donut really care, as im assuming its just my shitty wheels lol
my first guess would be wheels, since wheels can throw the small lead balance weights. Tires can go bad too. I have driven by cars at highway speed, where one of their wheels looks like it would generate a vibration.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't want to take this thread away from the OP with this. Everything has been tried, the clear coat is damaged all the way through, and in some instances, the damage is under the clear. Wet sanding to 1200 is more aggressive than the vinegar mix, but the damage is already there and can't be sanded out without possibly breaking thru the clear into the paint.

The damage is not only to the top surfaces. The entire car has paint damage. Even to the sides of the doors. The first question asked when selling or trading a car is, "Has there been any paint work done? And how much?" A dealer repaint can't be sold as Certified Pre Owned, and most people will stay away from a repainted car when an original paint car sits next to it on the lot. Dealers will give less on trade because they will not be able to quickly sell it and it will be sold at a reduced price, so in the end, the original seller of the repainted vehicle loses when trying to trade in or sell.
These postings probably should go back in the original thread. If you cannot get any remedy from the dealership, you could investigate a small claims court claim. You would just have to be prepared to have something official looking that estimates damages, saying a re-paint will reduce the cars resale value by $X

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
This is a very real issue. My wife’s A6 ecoboost suffers from vibration. She only has 15K miles. My GT is smooth, but it only has 6K miles. Who knows what’ll happen. So disappointing.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
So you modded a car and then blamed Ford.

What the actual ^&*@!!!!!!?????
Airaid Intake Tube.
Sound Tube Delete.
Corsa Sport Cat Back.
Steeda Progressive Springs.
Boomba Short Shifter and Knob.
GT350R Steering Wheel.
Window Tint.
Redline Hood Struts.
MMR GT350 Replicas: Front: 20 x 10 with 275/35/20. Rear: 20 x 10 with 315/35/20

About the only thing on his list that could even remotely add to the issue is his wheels and tires. And I highly doubt that was the issue.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Airaid Intake Tube.
Sound Tube Delete.
Corsa Sport Cat Back.
GT350R Steering Wheel.
Window Tint.
Redline Hood Struts.

About the only thing on his list that could even remotely add to the issue is his wheels and tires. And I highly doubt that was the issue.
you might ask why someone would spend a lot on mods, on a car that has a vibration problem. But the OP did say that the vibration problem started after the mods.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I also had the driveline vibration for the first two or three months of ownership (it came that way since new). Ford knows that there are design issues. I was told they had to 'custom' build some parts to address the issue.

While it took a couple of trips to the dealer, they did replace the necessary driveline components to fix the vibration.

I would hope that this issue has been fixed for all Mustangs.
May I ask what parts they replaced or custom built to fix the issue? Do you have the work order?

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Swb, don't blame you one bit. I'm leaning towards the Challenger if I get another car. Mine seems to be ok at 10k, but if it starts showing its butt, it'll probably get gone too. I'm hoping to keep it for 10-15 years.

I'm not loyal to any brand, but I do dislike GM.
I considered a Challenger before I got this Mustang.

The thing that concerned me is seeing all of the newer Dodge trucks with the gaping holes above the wheels where they are rusted through.

I don't want a $40,000 car with the chance of "RUST"...........:rant:

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Airaid Intake Tube.
Sound Tube Delete.
Corsa Sport Cat Back.
GT350R Steering Wheel.
Window Tint.
Redline Hood Struts.

Perhaps apples to oranges but my brother had a f250 that rode fine until he swapped wheels. Truck developed terrible vibration. He tried various solutions though never went back to oem wheels. Eventually traded in the truck. Never had issue until wheels were replaced

Sponsored

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
I had vib problems...it took a few months and four trips back and forth to the dealership and it was finally fixed with a new rear diff. Went to Firehawk Indy 500 tires and the last bit of vibration was gone. I've had my car in 7 total times for warranty issues and luckily they were all resolved. Its in for the power mirrors glitching out right now. :doh: I don't blame anyone for dumping a car they paid good cash for and is messed up. Good luck with the Dodge.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Later.

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
Mustang owners seem to be the most butthurt, if a fellow Mustang owner doesn't love their car and/or accept faults with the car 100%.

These cars are too new to have some of the problems they have IMO. I also thought about getting rid of mine for 6M 392, but this is my first foray into American cars, and I would probably have just as many things to hate, so not even worth it. lol.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
obviously if you bag out a mustang on a mustang forum people will defend the car. lol

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
"Looks like I may be going back to Chevy for the short term."........as you have already "lemon-law'd" a Dodge, tried to LL a Ford, I highly doubt you will find harmony with Chevy.........the very worst vehicle I have ever owned, in terms of quality and warranty issues was a GM product...and I'm not particularly picky about vehicles and warranty claims. People LL Lexus, BMW & Mercedes every day too......no mass-produced vehicle is ever going to be perfect.
You are right,NO vehicle is perfect.
I have owned maybe a dozen or so new
cars/trucks and maybe two never saw the
dealer for a repair on warranty.
I think when you are outsourcing 80% of what you sell
your bound to have junk in it. Reading a typical label on a car
of what came from where (like your GM for instance) its made
globally and slapped together in Mexico,Canada and if you are
fortunate the USA
Sponsored