• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT grille is Shadow Black?

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I feel kind of silly asking this because I’m pretty sure that they are.

Are the heat extractor and front grille on the GT painted in Shadow Black (paint code G1)?

I’m dropping off the Ghost at a shop tomorrow to have the mirror caps and rear spoiler painted, and I requested Shadow Black. But I want to make sure they match the heat extractor and front grille.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I feel kind of silly asking this because I’m pretty sure that they are.

Are the heat extractor and front grille on the GT painted in Shadow Black (paint code G1)?

I’m dropping off the Ghost at a shop tomorrow to have the mirror caps and rear spoiler painted, and I requested Shadow Black. But I want to make sure they match the heat extractor and front grille.

Thanks!
i believe so, i had my spoiler done a few weeks back and they said they used the most current Ford Gloss black and it is super close, if not a perfect match, i cant see a difference. Im hoping to get my mirror caps done soon as well. How much were you quoted all in? did they give you how much the mirror caps would be on their own by chance?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
since the grill is paint to match (part number ends in "PTM") i am not 100% sure that it is Shadow Black/Absolute Black, Ford only says "high gloss black painted" and "Ebony Exterior Black", but the chances are pretty good that is is very similar or the same

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i believe so, i had my spoiler done a few weeks back and they said they used the most current Ford Gloss black and it is super close, if not a perfect match, i cant see a difference. Im hoping to get my mirror caps done soon as well. How much were you quoted all in? did they give you how much the mirror caps would be on their own by chance?
Thank you. They did not give me an estimate on just mirror caps. The total for spoiler and mirror caps was estimated at $700. I also contacted a wrap shop, and they were going to charge over $1K. Paint made more sense.

since the grill is paint to match (part number ends in "PTM") i am not 100% sure that it is Shadow Black/Absolute Black, Ford only says "high gloss black painted" and "Ebony Exterior Black", but the chances are pretty good that is is very similar or the same
Thanks! The Nite Pony is advertised as Shadow Black, so I assume it should match the grill and hood vent.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. They did not give me an estimate on just mirror caps. The total for spoiler and mirror caps was estimated at $700. I also contacted a wrap shop, and they were going to charge over $1K. Paint made more sense.

Thanks! The Nite Pony is advertised as Shadow Black, so I assume it should match the grill and hood vent.
i got really lucky as my brother in laws family has owned and operated a body shop for the last 30 years, so it only cost me $100 and 2 weeks of waiting to have my spoiler sanded down completely and painted. Unfortunately, they are closing doors due to the owner getting old and the economy, so they cant cut me a similar deal for my mirror caps. Had i known they would be closing, i would have taken the mirror caps in when i did the spoiler.

Your Ghost is going to remind me a lot of my Ellie, a 2015 GT. White and black look good on a Stang!

S650 Mustang GT grille is Shadow Black? 20153

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i got really lucky as my brother in laws family has owned and operated a body shop for the last 30 years, so it only cost me $100 and 2 weeks of waiting to have my spoiler sanded down completely and painted. Unfortunately, they are closing doors due to the owner getting old and the economy, so they cant cut me a similar deal for my mirror caps. Had i known they would be closing, i would have taken the mirror caps in when i did the spoiler.

Your Ghost is going to remind me a lot of my Ellie, a 2015 GT. White and black look good on a Stang!

20153.jpeg
Wow, you can’t argue with $100!

That car looked great. Yeah, black and white is my favorite color palette. I was considering doing the roof too but I don’t want my car to look like a Tesla. I think I’ll be happy with mirrors and spoiler for now. I already added the Nite Pony fender and rear emblems, so they’ll help pull the look together.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, you can’t argue with $100!

That car looked great. Yeah, black and white is my favorite color palette. I was considering doing the roof too but I don’t want my car to look like a Tesla. I think I’ll be happy with mirrors and spoiler for now. I already added the Nite Pony fender and rear emblems, so they’ll help pull the look together.
i wanted to do the roof as well, but wasn't sold enough on liking it to have it painted, just because it was going to be cheaper than wrap. Unfortunately, Ellie got sold right after they announced the S650. I do however still see it rolling around time to time because the kid that purchased it from me lives in the next town over, about 20 minutes away, and occasionally visits my town for whatever reasons.

It's funny because he will stop Infront of my house and Rev the hell out of it, shaking my windows, so if i didnt see him, i definitely hear him! It is a straight Pipe MBRP Catback system, So their H pipe and then i had the mufflers removed and piping welded in their place, so it is VERY loud and distinguishable from other mustangs.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Does np get a different (color) grill and vent to match? I may have missed or misunderstood but it sounds like you are blacking out a white gt (not a night pony) and want to match the mirrors and spoiler to the grill and vent?

edit: to add a third.

unique high gloss, ebony, and shadow black?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...ack-gets-painted-grille-and-hood-vent.157518/

Last edited:

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Does np get a different (color) grill and vent to match? I may have missed or misunderstood but it sounds like you are blacking out a white gt (not a night pony) and want to match the mirrors and spoiler to the grill and vent?

edit: to add a third.

unique high gloss, ebony, and shadow black?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...ack-gets-painted-grille-and-hood-vent.157518/
The Night Pony Package, is a solid black not shadow black. G1 has pearl in it. The reason why there was a delay in the NPP, they have to leave the assembly line to get the roof painted at another facility. I paint these cars for a living.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper

20153.jpeg
I would ask around at your local car shows, Cars & Coffee events or even local social media groups if anyone knows how to wrap cars.

A gloss black wrap on the side mirrors would be pretty easy to do. Doesn't take long and the wrap would pretty much match all the black panted surfaces you have. Can't imagine someone would charge more than $100 for two side mirrors.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Night Pony Package, is a solid black not shadow black. G1 has pearl in it. The reason why there was a delay in the NPP, they have to leave the assembly line to get the roof painted at another facility. I paint these cars for a living.
Ah, so it’s NOT Shadow Black. I’m glad I asked then before I drop it off this morning. Thanks! I’ll just ask them to match the front grill and heat extractor.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)