papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I thought sync3 was multi language, i.e. one same installation pack for the whole europe!
Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
me too. I thought sync 3 has 30 languages pre-programmed in the system.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
My GT is from Germany but I had no trouble converting the language pack. It's a 2016 though so it's Sync2, that's a big difference. Sync3 is not meant for DIY updating, although from what I understand from the German forum it can be done.
It was not only Sync 3 that was an issue, but also the language settings of the car (display menu) that gave them trouble. On one they had to replace the instrument panel and on the other one the sync 3 module... Still that's quite odd I think since one part out of 2 work on in occasions.

I thought sync3 was multi language, i.e. one same installation pack for the whole europe!
I thought so too, but on all the German car spec's it's clearly written "German Edition" so apart from the language I'm trying out figure out what's different. Still even in my Benelux version I use the English settings though...

me too. I thought sync 3 has 30 languages pre-programmed in the system.
Do you mind to have a quick look in your dash language settings for me? Thx!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
For Sync2 there are 6 different language packs. Each pack contains only 3-4 languages. The factory installs a certain pack based on the destination of the car, so if you import one you might have to install a different pack. Dutch and German are not in the same pack for example.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
For Sync2 there are 6 different language packs. Each pack contains only 3-4 languages. The factory installs a certain pack based on the destination of the car, so if you import one you might have to install a different pack. Dutch and German are not in the same pack for example.
I'm aware of that, we use pack 6 in BNL or a sixpack ;-) but a 17 has sync 3 and apparently that's an issue they said...

I found a GT in Germany for an acceptable price and would change the brown seats that are in it for my current ones in the EB and sell the EB with new brown seats.

All speculation atm though, since the dealer didn't liked the idea of importing one. An other option is an extended warranty settlement for my 3 year old EB, since I had my water leak this winter my confidence is gone in this car, extra warranty might solve this for a little bit.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Resurrecting the thread. I can confirm a significant price increase for both the EB and the GT in Greece as well (at least 10% for the EB and 20% for the GT).
Sponsored