GT brakes part numbers upgrade from base Ecoboost

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
I know this has been discussed ad infinitum but I'm in a massive rush. I need the part numbers for the calipers, rotors splash shield and lines needed to upgrade. Thanks.
Sponsored

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I know this has been discussed ad infinitum but I'm in a massive rush. I need the part numbers for the calipers, rotors splash shield and lines needed to upgrade. Thanks.
I'd recommend getting the calipers but then getting these Brake Motive Rotors and pads. It's all 4 rotors, drilled and slotted with low dust ceramic pads all for $209!

Brake Motive Front + Rear Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors & Ceramic Pads Kit 2015 Ford Mustang

I bought them, they just arrived, haven't installed yet. I was a little skeptical butt others have recommended them after good experiences with them.

For brake lines, I will go with Steeda. After reading too many other horror stories about people getting braided steel lines that don't fit correctly and hearing what they had to do to make them work. I'd rather get good quality right from the start.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To be clear, there were exactly zero issues with fitment of the StopTech Stainless Steel brake lines that were installed on my car in the thread I posted above.

OP
OP
signal12

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Oh, to be sure, when the time comes to replace these I'll go with drilled and slotted but since the Ford Dealer is doing this upgrade for free.......I'm good with OEM!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Oh, to be sure, when the time comes to replace these I'll go with drilled and slotted but since the Ford Dealer is doing this upgrade for free.......I'm good with OEM!
Oh dayum, didn't catch that! Nice! :cheers:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
To be clear, there were exactly zero issues with fitment of the StopTech Stainless Steel brake lines that were installed on my car in the thread I posted above.
I wonder if it is a different kit now? I know in the past someone put them on and had issues. StopTech is where I would go for budget brake lines, I would normally go to Goodridge for higher quality. In this case, I saw too many other posts with issues and none with good experiences or at least I didn't see any that didn't have to make it work. I missed your thread which is nice, you shared a lot of good information.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think it may be more of a user error than the kit having been an error, lol. I know I had to make a couple revisions to my install along the way! Something as simple as the brass fitting installed upside down can make someone think their kit was miffed... But once you flip it over correctly, all is well. I'm going to try and get the video rendered between now and Sunday, but got a lot on my plate w/Scarlet to get running by then, too.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The video would be awesome! I will be doing this probably within the next couple weeks.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
+1 For Steeda SS brake lines.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The OEM GT brake lines are what I used. The pedal is firm, stopping power is good, they have high tensile strength so they can take a beating. Much cheaper than ss lines.

Factory GT brake line part numbers are:
FR3Z-2078-C should be right side

FR3Z-2078-D should be left side

OP
OP
signal12

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the helpful quick responses!! The dealer will be installing these for me this Saturday as a Comp for a small SNAFU. All parts will OEM, obviously.

What's the general consensus for also upgrading rear brakes to Ecoboost pp/GT?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Thanks for all the helpful quick responses!! The dealer will be installing these for me this Saturday as a Comp for a small SNAFU. All parts will OEM, obviously.

What's the general consensus for also upgrading rear brakes to Ecoboost pp/GT?
If they are doing front, see if you can get the backs for free. Otherwise, my vote is to leave them. From what I've heard, the back is a pain.

OP
OP
signal12

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
If they are doing front, see if you can get the backs for free. Otherwise, my vote is to leave them. From what I've heard, the back is a pain.
Yeah, this is a fronts only deal. I don't really think there'd be much difference since, i think, the only difference is GT brakes are vented.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Yeah, this is a fronts only deal. I don't really think there'd be much difference since, i think, the only difference is GT brakes are vented.
The rear GT and PP Eco have 13 inch rear rotors. The base and premium Eco have 12.6 inch rear rotors.
Sponsored