Sponsored

Good sealers, waxes and process to use after clay barring?

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I highly recommend Collinite 845 insulator wax. Its both a sealant and wax. Lasts 6+ months, great for winter.
Agreed. Just finished putting this on... After washing the car with Dawn to remove previous wax, clay bar the entire car, machine polishing with Blackfire to remove all the little scratches and swirls that have been there since I bought the car, sealing with optimum sealant, and then the Collinite. Topped that off with the Finish King 425 extra slick final body shine to reduce the dust attraction. Long day! I'm beat!
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Agreed. Just finished putting this on... After washing the car with Dawn to remove previous wax, clay bar the entire car, machine polishing with Blackfire to remove all the little scratches and swirls that have been there since I bought the car, sealing with optimum sealant, and then the Collinite. Topped that off with the Finish King 425 extra slick final body shine to reduce the dust attraction. Long day! I'm beat!
After your nap, take some pics so you can show off your hard work!

OP
OP

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Thanks everyone for helping to educate me on detailing. I am very glad I had the dealer not wash the car. I got to wash it carefully, clay bar, seal carnuba x 2, etc. My convertible got a great start on it's new life (abuse free ;)).
If you want to see how the surface prep paid off, you can go to this thread (I do not want to shower too many threads with my pics! :D

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18405
(It's post #44 if you do not get 'BLUE Blindness' as soon as you click into that thread! :lol:)

Well OK, her's one pic...;)
3-Frt Crnr, Close-900.jpg

Sponsored

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Detailed my SS Sedan (6.2L LS3 V8) yesterday. Wash, clay bar, buff, seal then wax. I even detailed/sealed the rims.
The Mustang is next in line for the same treatment.

foam cannon - Chemical Guys EQP300 MTM Professional Foam Cannon
soap - Meguiar's D11101 Shampoo Plus
buff - Meguiar's M2 Mirror Glaze Fine-Cut Cleaner
sealant - Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 - JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant
wax - Chemical Guys WAC_300 - Pete's '53 Black Pearl Crystal Polymer White Carnuba Paste Wax
detail spray - Chemical Guys WAC808 Hybrid V7
tire & trim detail - Chemical Guys TVD10716 V.R.P. Super Shine Dressing
interior - Chemical Guys SPI993 Nonsense Colorless and Odorless All Surface Cleaner - !!! This stuff is a must have !!!
glass - buff with Meguiar's M2 then use Rain-X
fabric guard - Chemical Guys SPI21016 Fabric Guard Interior Protector Shield

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Detailed my SS Sedan (6.2L LS3 V8) yesterday. Wash, clay bar, buff, seal then wax. I even detailed/sealed the rims.
The Mustang is next in line for the same treatment.

foam cannon - Chemical Guys EQP300 MTM Professional Foam Cannon
soap - Meguiar's D11101 Shampoo Plus
buff - Meguiar's M2 Mirror Glaze Fine-Cut Cleaner
sealant - Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 - JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant
wax - Chemical Guys WAC_300 - Pete's '53 Black Pearl Crystal Polymer White Carnuba Paste Wax
detail spray - Chemical Guys WAC808 Hybrid V7
tire & trim detail - Chemical Guys TVD10716 V.R.P. Super Shine Dressing
interior - Chemical Guys SPI993 Nonsense Colorless and Odorless All Surface Cleaner - !!! This stuff is a must have !!!
glass - buff with Meguiar's M2 then use Rain-X
fabric guard - Chemical Guys SPI21016 Fabric Guard Interior Protector Shield

Don't all SS Sedans have a 6.2 LS3?

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Don't all SS Sedans have a 6.2 LS3?
Yes all SS Sedans have the 6.2L LS3 but most people don't have a clue what it is. I hear SS what? Malibu? Impala? almost daily. Most when they see the Brembo brakes & the 275 rear tires or if they hear it start up they know it must be something good under the hood.

It has a meaner & more burly start up than my Challenger SRT8, Camaro SS/RS or my Mustang GT.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yes all SS Sedans have the 6.2L LS3 but most people don't have a clue what it is. I hear SS what? Malibu? Impala? almost daily. Most when they see the Brembo brakes & the 275 rear tires or if they hear it start up they know it must be something good under the hood.

It has a meaner & more burly start up than my Challenger SRT8, Camaro SS/RS or my Mustang GT.
Fail to whoever thinks it's a Malibu. I would tell people it's a Hybrid[emoji41] start it up and look and the confused faces.
Sponsored