Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Antimatter blue

301A

10r80!!!

My ford dealer said it would take about 12 weeks, but i have a feeling they arent honest. Does that sound right?

I am a bit worried because I live in Minnesota and if the car is done in the middle of winter when the roads are covered with snow, i don't want the car to see snow and I am worried it will crash on the way home! Hopefully that 301A drive mode for snow will get me to my garage where it can hibernate til spring!

If i buy this car brand new and crash it on the way home straight from the dealership ill have to commit harakiri!

Does this sound like a good plan or should I wait until January to order so it may be done by spring or should i order tomorrow?

Antimatter blue sound good to you guys? I want it cos my s197 and new edge were both redfire so thought id go for something different and it looks cool i think and the name sounds badass! Antimatter!!!
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Your car and your color choice. I would say it’s anyone’s guess on how long to get it built.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
If you are that worried about driving it home. just have the ford dealer put it on a ramp truck/roll back and dropped off at your door.
Or find a buddy with AAA auto club membership with 100 mile one way towing, per tow .
and dropped off at your home.
or just pay the 100.00 to have it towed home on a roll back, ramp tow truck.
I'd rather that, than spring come and you are waiting, and waiting, and well you know.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Your car, your order. Mine would be very different, but that shouldn't matter to you.

Whitemare21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Like everyone is saying, your car, your choice. Just a heads up, antimatter is pretty much black unless you are in direct sunlight. I have not seen too many around and personally feel its a rather uncommon color so that's a plus. If it was me, I would check to see if the dealer can have it delivered to your home or arrange to have it towed from them. AAA is great for this. Do expect to have the build timeline be delayed and for the car to take a little longer than expected. Otherwise, order what the heart wants and enjoy :rockon:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Personally, unless you're dead set on Antimatter Blue, I'd wait until January and order a '22 and order Oil Slick Blue or Atlas Blue. Seems a shame to have the car sat in the garage for several months.

2022 Mustang Colors Steeda.png

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Personally, unless you're dead set on Antimatter Blue, I'd wait until January and order a '22 and order Oil Slick Blue or Atlas Blue. Seems a shame to have the car sat in the garage for several months.

2022 Mustang Colors Steeda.png
WOW they’re killing velocity blue?!?! WTF first lightning blue now velocity. glad i ordered mine before it was dead, i would’ve been pissed. my 2018 F150 is the last year for lightning blue, and now i guess my 21 GT is the last year for velocity blue. grabber is too bright, atlas is too dark and oil slick is way too dark. stupid ford.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Antimatter blue

301A

10r80!!!

My ford dealer said it would take about 12 weeks, but i have a feeling they arent honest. Does that sound right?

I am a bit worried because I live in Minnesota and if the car is done in the middle of winter when the roads are covered with snow, i don't want the car to see snow and I am worried it will crash on the way home! Hopefully that 301A drive mode for snow will get me to my garage where it can hibernate til spring!

If i buy this car brand new and crash it on the way home straight from the dealership ill have to commit harakiri!

Does this sound like a good plan or should I wait until January to order so it may be done by spring or should i order tomorrow?

Antimatter blue sound good to you guys? I want it cos my s197 and new edge were both redfire so thought id go for something different and it looks cool i think and the name sounds badass! Antimatter!!!
hey there, antimatter is cool imo but very dark. Saw one on a dealer lot and thought it was black at first. The sun has to be just right to see the deep blue. It is beautiful under the right lighting conditions but for me I wanted to see the blue all the time. I ordered velocity blue and its growing on me. My 06GT was Vista Blue Metallic and VB is a shade lighter. I wanted Kona Blue but that wasn't available in 21. Here's how it compared to my 06....vista blue. Good luck with your new toy.

IMG_2700.jpg

GTCS 23.jpg

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Yea antimatter on Ford site is WAY lighter than the color really is, it’s basically black. Not only is direct bright light needed to see any blue at all, it needs to be really clean as well. But your car so you should decide for yourself for sure. Maybe see if any Fords near you in that color. Even if you order it you can change until about a week or two before build date. As far as timing, it depends on a lot of factors. Good info in a few threads on here about ordering and tracking.

OP
OP
Zent

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Your car, your order. Mine would be very different, but that shouldn't matter to you.
tbh you guys made me hesitate on the order and the dealer said now i took too long and i have to pay msrp so i wont deal with them anymore.

I have decided not to go with antimatter blue and rather stick to the redfire equiavelent, can't go wrong with it!

Pkvir, yours would be very different, how would you build yours?

Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
tbh you guys made me hesitate on the order and the dealer said now i took too long and i have to pay msrp so i wont deal with them anymore.

I have decided not to go with antimatter blue and rather stick to the redfire equiavelent, can't go wrong with it!

Pkvir, yours would be very different, how would you build yours?
Exactly how it reads in my signiture.

OP
OP
Zent

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Exactly how it reads in my signiture.
nice! thats a pretty spendy build! It's even slightly more expensive than the gt350! Why didn't you go for the gt350 at that price?

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
nice! thats a pretty spendy build! It's even slightly more expensive than the gt350! Why didn't you go for the gt350 at that price?
can’t speak for him, but personally, although the GT350 is sick, i’d rather have the new designed GT with the 5.0. the voodoo is awesome, but from everything i’ve read, all of it’s power is super high up in the RPM band, and unless you were actually racing it, you won’t get that torque as much on the streets like you would with a 5.0. that’s my feelings anyway

OP
OP
Zent

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
can’t speak for him, but personally, although the GT350 is sick, i’d rather have the new designed GT with the 5.0. the voodoo is awesome, but from everything i’ve read, all of it’s power is super high up in the RPM band, and unless you were actually racing it, you won’t get that torque as much on the streets like you would with a 5.0. that’s my feelings anyway
ahh yeah that makes sense and i agree.

tbh i will stick with 301a package and get rapid red instead of antimatter blue. to me leather seats isn't worth an extra 2k and I can just tell people who don't know better that my cloth seats are alcantara xD

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Sticker on my car was $54K. I paid $48K. Pretty sure I couldn't get a GT 350 for $48K
Sponsored

Last edited: