rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Had my first ever track day this past weekend with the AutoInterests event at GingerMan, and it was a blast.

I signed up for the acclimation program, which puts you in a group where the two morning sessions are under standing yellow and then the 3 afternoon sessions are green flag, but you're with an instructor for every run.

I definitely started out slower than I expected, but my instructor was great, and by the end of the day, I'd say I was where I hoped to be. He agreed, and let me go out for my final session solo. In that last run, I felt like I was one of the fastest cars out there, which is a testament to the S550, because I know I still have a lot to learn.

On a side note, GingerMan is a great track. We ran counter-clockwise, and the downhill braking zone just past the kink heading to 10B gets exciting as the car gets light, and there are great changing-radius turns through the esses. My car is a bone stock GTPP, other than a flush with Typ200.

Here's a video of the final session. I timed my best lap at a 1:56.1, which starts at 9:54. I caught and passed an S197 on the following lap.

[ame]
Sponsored