Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
My 2015 Roush Stage 1 EcoBoost performed very well last week lapping Gingerman and Grattan Raceways in Western Michigan.

I spent 2 days at Gingerman for the Mohawk Track Experience as a virgin road course driver. Then I headed up to Belding for 1 day at Grattan for the Motor City Round Up.

Here are just a couple of the many videos I have posted on my YouTube channel. Let me know what you think! :ford:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]exVcdBp-2LI[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]1flW7MZ7BZk[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattrix

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The instruction was priceless man. I got lucky and worked a little bit with Craig for 3 days at two tracks. I highly recommend using an instructor for anyone that is new to road course driving or new to that specific track. Once you know the basics and know the line you can have a good time for sure.

I'm a bit jealous of the California courses lol. I have 2 other tracks I need to hit up in Michigan right up the road from my house at M1 Concourse in Pontiac and Waterford Hills like 10 miles north of that.

Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Those corners that apex over the crest of a hill are insane. I moved here from Florida and am very used to/comfortable with flat tracks where you can see everything. That right hander in the first video, I think I would have shot out into the grass every time!

OP
OP
Mattrix

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Grattan is a very challenging course, I love it. I still can't decide what part of the course I like the most but that blind turn in is a lot of fun. You have to stay mid track and as soon as your nose is even with the flag station you blindly just cut the wheel lol. Most people actually stay on the right side of the track and then make the cut once over the crest of the hill. It's very hard to do it the right way, its not natural. I'm told though it's usually a tenth or two of a second difference on your lap time.

Here is the video of my best lap. Not much faster than the ones in the other video but it was the quickest one :)[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]DacpJvBlD3U[/MEDIA]"]

I bet with more laps I could get a 1:35. I want to shoot for 1:29 or lower though when I go back next year. I believe adding a little bit of power to the car with a Roush power pack (with warranty!) and then new lighter wheels with some track tires and I'll be golden. The suspension and brakes performed great. I will at some point upgrade the rotors and pads but I'm going to get my miles/abuse out of these Ford Performance ones first.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Going to be at Grattan this weekend?

OP
OP
Mattrix

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I don't have the funds to go unfortunately. Hoping I can make it to the new M1 and or Waterford Hills before they close for the season though. I'd like to know what my best time is at each track so that once I do the remaining upgrades I have some kind of baseline to compare to.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
What have you done for the suspension? I like the second vid with the instructor talking some useful stuff to learn from it.

OP
OP
Mattrix

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
What have you done for the suspension? I like the second vid with the instructor talking some useful stuff to learn from it.
Glad you like, thank you for watching. I do have the build list for the car in the description of the videos. I should probably have also put it up at the beginning of the video or something lol.

2015 Roush Stage 1 EcoBoost Mustang Build List

Performance Modification List:
MMR Cold Air Intake
Roush Axle-Back Exhaust with MRT Y Pipe Resonator Delete
Ford Performance 6 Piston Brembo Brakes

Suspension and Chassis:
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda G-Trac Brace
Steeda Rear Subframe Braces
Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars (Stiffest Settings)
Ford Performance Shock and Strut kit with Track Springs

Stock Pirelli PZERO Tires 255/40/19 on Stock PP Wheels
NO TUNE OR BOOST MODULES/CHIPS
Sponsored