Sponsored

* GIBBO's PARTS HANDLING GUIDE TO THE S550 V8 GT PP (IMPROVE GRIP & CORNERS)!! *

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just lower subframe down by undoing the bolts, have a jack under subframe to support it, best to do this same time as installing CB005, do them both at once to save time and get a considerable improvement. :)
What is CB005? Edit. LOL. UPS truck dropped the CB005 and Ford Racing Struts/Shocks yesterday. I am putting car on jack stands tonight and starting first thing in morning.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Gibbo, The rear differential bushings look intimidating due to that 1 bolt that has the gas tank in the way. Looking back at this install is there something else you might do to make this install a little smoother?
As Gibbo mentioned, lowering the subframe a little makes the rear differential bushings a breeze. The front differential bushings however are much more difficult. You'll find if you don't remove the rear portion of the exhaust, it will limit how far you can lower the subframe and it won't be enough to get in there. I actually did it without removing the exhaust thinking I would save time but could only turn the wrench 1/13 of a turn each time, it took FOREVER. In hindsight, I really wish I had just removed the exhaust which was very easy. Also keep in mind, you should only loosen/lower 1 at a time, the front OR the rear.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As Gibbo mentioned, lowering the subframe a little makes the rear differential bushings a breeze. The front differential bushings however are much more difficult. You'll find if you don't remove the rear portion of the exhaust, it will limit how far you can lower the subframe and it won't be enough to get in there. I actually did it without removing the exhaust thinking I would save time but could only turn the wrench 1/13 of a turn each time, it took FOREVER. In hindsight, I really wish I had just removed the exhaust which was very easy. Also keep in mind, you should only loosen/lower 1 at a time, the front OR the rear.
Now I want to know how I can get over night saturday shipping!!! Who can get me these rear Diff. bushings to my door by mañana??

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am really looking at the solid aluminum inserts. But I am seeing guys complaining about the black polyurethane.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I am really looking at the solid aluminum inserts. But I am seeing guys complaining about the black polyurethane.
I used the red and they definitely did the job! Plus no NVH! Amazing difference over stock. As you can see in the pic of the stock they are rubber PLUS have cutouts which gives a lot of slop.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I used the red and they definitely did the job! Plus no NVH! Amazing difference over stock. As you can see in the pic of the stock they are rubber PLUS have cutouts which gives a lot of slop.
Thanks Jbailer. I have postponed install and am in process of ordering the Steeda Subframe alignment kit as well as Rear diff. bushings. I have to get to work and I have to order this without wife watching and she is sitting right next to me. I am going to ask her to get breakfast ready so I can order. :lol:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Thanks Jbailer. I have postponed install and am in process of ordering the Steeda Subframe alignment kit as well as Rear diff. bushings. I have to get to work and I have to order this without wife watching and she is sitting right next to me. I am going to ask her to get breakfast ready so I can order. :lol:
Steeda alignment kit not needed, CB005 does this! :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This!

On a street car red is fine, no need for black or solid! Only go black/solid if your do track/circuit work.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Steeda alignment kit not needed, CB005 does this! :)
I got the alignment kit for less than $40 so I got it any way. Plus the Red/Black rear diff bushings. I am going to postpone install until Steeda parts get here. So hurry up Steeda. :thumbsup:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Gibbo's recommendation for the CB005 is an alternative. If you do go with the Steeda alignment kit it's a great idea! Done at the same time as doing the diff bushings works great! For me, installing the alignment kit in the rear as you lower the rear to do those bushings and then tighten the rear back up. Then lower the front and install that part of the alignment kit while installing the front bushings. Another hint, when you lower the front for example, you'll need to loosen the rear a little so the front can drop down. The same the other way.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Gibbo's recommendation for the CB005 is an alternative. If you do go with the Steeda alignment kit it's a great idea! Done at the same time as doing the diff bushings works great! For me, installing the alignment kit in the rear as you lower the rear to do those bushings and then tighten the rear back up. Then lower the front and install that part of the alignment kit while installing the front bushings. Another hint, when you lower the front for example, you'll need to loosen the rear a little so the front can drop down. The same the other way.
Thanks for tips. As bad as Ford made this suspension I do not feel bad for installing the BMR CB005 as well as the Steeda alignment kit and I like having both BMR and Steeda on car. I am not jumping on either bandwagon (Fanboy) they are both awesome companies. :thumbs:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for tips. As bad as Ford made this suspension I do not feel bad for installing the BMR CB005 as well as the Steeda alignment kit and I like having both BMR and Steeda on car. I am not jumping on either bandwagon (Fanboy) they are both awesome companies. :thumbs:
AGREED! :headbang:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed hence why both are on my car. :)

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thank you for your write up. Just got through installing. :)

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Thanks Gibbo for this GREAT DETAILED POST. No one as far as I know has given a piece by piece breakdown of the item, installed in isolation. Huge service to your forum members.

WRT the vertical links - I wonder if in tandem with the CB005 they make a big difference. Who knows. I did order it.
Sponsored