Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hello,

I've got a question for our German or Danish colleagues.
When I get my Mustang I'd like to take it for a ride to Copenhagen. As far as I can see, the most efficient route for me would be via Prague, Berlin, Rostock, after which a ferry would take me to Gedser.
Does any of you have any experience with this ferry? Is it usually full to the brim, requiring you to book your ride several months in advance for a certain date and time? Or can you simply show up in the harbour whenever you want and embark on the first outgoing ship?
Anything else I should be aware of? Any hints and tips will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Hot damn! :sunglasses:

You might want to wait untill next year since the borders at Denmark are closed unless you have a valid reason to enter - Vacation is valid but you need a reservation that shows that you're staying for at least 4 days. But right now some parts of DK is also marked as red zones by other countries so you will need quarentine when getting home

Anyways! I'm located in southern Denmark in Sonderborg (as you can see on the pinned map) and pretty much the opposite side of Denmark from Copenhagen. But if you choose to return by the border in southern Denmark to Germany I'd be happy to host you for the night and show you my favorite pub! :fistbump:

vPzhvg0.jpg

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That's a very tempting offer. I might take you up on that. :)
I guess I could do that at the end, after leaving Copenhagen. Then from Sønderborg I could drive south to Hamburg, then to Berlin and back the way I came via Prague. Sounds feasible.
But yes, I will have to wait until next year. I originally planned it in late February, when this madness was still beyond anyone's imagination. Today, in a world where nothing whatsoever can be taken for granted anymore, with all the ever-changing restrictions, some of which change literally over night without prior warning, an international trip would be way too risky.
Sponsored

Last edited: