Sponsored

Front Bra

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Does anybody know a front bra that will fit the Mach1. I don’t care if it fits horribly Or made for another Mustang but will suffice. I just want to put it on when I take delivery so when I drive it home where I have to drive it I will expose it less to rocks.

Has to be quick install also
Sponsored

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Do you have to drive it far?

Sometimes back in the days when we had to go to meetup or car shows we would temporary protect the cars with a couple of layers of food wrap plastic.
So when the car had been buffed out and waxed it wouldn't be ruined by driving to the meetup by bugs or debree.

And no... not a joke - however the photo is. Ofcourse make sure not to wrap it so you'll ruin the airflow and cooling
maxresdefault.jpg

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
I've used painter's tape when driving my F350 and Mustang home from the dealer, before PPF install. I covered the nose and around the wheel openings and rockers, and especially behind the doors on the S550 where the "widebody" rear fenders flare out. I like the light green painters tape (can't remember the brand) that you can get at Home Depot, as it seems to stick better. Comes off easily when you're done with it.
YMMV.
Enjoy that Mach 1...!

Edit... just noticed you said quick install...
The painters tape may not be for you... I think it took me about 10-15 minutes to stick it on my Mustang before I left the dealership.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Thanks for the info guys. I honestly don’t want to sit there either for an hour taping it up. I like some of those ideas. I’ll have to read them all. I told him not to wash or touch the car at all so I have to account it will be dirty in the front. So I’m thinking of the top my head the saran wrap could be quickest easiest. But how can I attach it to the front? I have to drive it like 10 miles on commercial highway to another 4 miles of side roads.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks for the info guys. I honestly don’t want to sit there either for an hour taping it up. I like some of those ideas. I’ll have to read them all. I told him not to wash or touch the car at all so I have to account it will be dirty in the front. So I’m thinking of the top my head the saran wrap could be quickest easiest. But how can I attach it to the front? I have to drive it like 10 miles on commercial highway to another 4 miles of side roads.
You had better plan to figure out a way to clean the front end before putting anything on it. Otherwise you will scratch the paint.

Not sure I understand why you are unwilling to spend an hour protecting your new $60K car. The Saran Wrap will not work unless you tape it on. The the tape can damage your paint.