Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Has anyone seen a gated shifter plate for a mustang?

I've been trying to find one to no avail. Second thought is create one and while I have the software and CNC machine available for my use, it'll be easier to just buy one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Anybody?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I have not seen one myself for sale or custom. Could be a market for one if you have the want to make them.

OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Touché, guys. I'll have to look into it and see what it'll take. Maybe reach out to some aftermarket parts suppliers to gauge some thoughts as well.

Thanks for the replies!

Sponsored

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Maybe try shapeways.com or a similar company to do some prototypes.

OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Will do! I'll look into it further this weekend when I get a few minutes to myself.

OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Interesting idea. I'm having a hard time visualizing it with the stock reverse lockout the way it is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Interesting idea. I'm having a hard time visualizing it with the stock reverse lockout the way it is.
That's an issue I'm visualizing. Trying to come up with some concept ideas to put on paper. One includes a radical design for a linkage kit to combat the problem of the reverse lockout. I need to analyze the project more in depth and see if it's not only feasible but possible to work with the collar style reverse lockout. Since there's an electronic reverse lockout in the stock shifter, I may be able to use that design and eliminate the equipment for the redundant mechanical lockout.

Then there's the problem of aftermarket shifters and if they will work with the same design or if there needs to be a modified design for all or each individual shifter that's available but I imagine that depends on the throw of each shifter...

It's an interesting foray into design for application if I've ever seen one. im sure this is a common background in this forum but I have an engineering degree with emphasis in automotive technology and vehicle dynamics. The master's is going to emphasize mechanics and materials as well as design for production applications.

I'll see if I can draw well enough to not be embarrassed to post some designs I have swirling in my mind sometime this weekend.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
this kind of has me interested, not gonna lie.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
That's an issue I'm visualizing. Trying to come up with some concept ideas to put on paper. One includes a radical design for a linkage kit to combat the problem of the reverse lockout. I need to analyze the project more in depth and see if it's not only feasible but possible to work with the collar style reverse lockout. Since there's an electronic reverse lockout in the stock shifter, I may be able to use that design and eliminate the equipment for the redundant mechanical lockout.

Then there's the problem of aftermarket shifters and if they will work with the same design or if there needs to be a modified design for all or each individual shifter that's available but I imagine that depends on the throw of each shifter...

It's an interesting foray into design for application if I've ever seen one. im sure this is a common background in this forum but I have an engineering degree with emphasis in automotive technology and vehicle dynamics. The master's is going to emphasize mechanics and materials as well as design for production applications.

I'll see if I can draw well enough to not be embarrassed to post some designs I have swirling in my mind sometime this weekend.
Do you have access to any CAD software? I'm an aero, but I've dabbled some with CAD, just don't have any software available to me. If you need to bounce any ideas off someone, shoot me a PM or post them up on this thread. This has potential to be a great idea.

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Do you have access to any CAD software? I'm an aero, but I've dabbled some with CAD, just don't have any software available to me. If you need to bounce any ideas off someone, shoot me a PM or post them up on this thread. This has potential to be a great idea.
Shapeways.com has software you can use and they will 3D print prototypes out of plastic or metal

OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
If not a great idea, it'll at least look really f**kin cool! :headbang:

I'll be sure to keep in touch, I'll most likely use this thread as a means to convey ideas but I'll be sure to PM you during the process, thanks!
Sponsored