Sponsored

From Aberdeen to Modurstang, Oxfordshire...

Dan_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550 & 1972 Mach 1
Well, I booked the GT into modurstang in Oxfordshire to get the undercoating performed last Friday…. Plus it was a good excuse to stretch the legs of the car and have some bonding time driving down from Aberdeen.

I also took the other half and got to call it a mini holiday, which was an added bonus…

The workshop setup at modurstang is a petrol heads paradise with V8’s everywhere you look and Mikes 9 second 555cui 67 Chevy camaro:headbang: was sat gleaming in the corner ready for a weekend at Santapod… just great… :thumbsup:

I would like to thank Mike and his guys for the service provided, as the job performed was thorough and very well executed. It was a pleasure meeting Mike, the two mechanics that did all the work, and Mikes good lady. :thumbsup:

Mike really goes above and beyond as was demonstrated when I had spotted the OEM locking wheel nut had damaged my front left gloss black wheel on refitting… I almost cried when I saw the damage as the whole experience and job performed was perfect. I was gobsmacked and very appreciative when Mike actually swapped it for another wheel off his own car!!.. Which I might add is going to be an absolute beast!!:hail:

The OEM locking wheel nuts are an absolutely terrible design and need to be replaced as soon as possible to avoid damaging the black finish on the wheels when refitting to the car. Mine are already off never to go back on awaiting smaller locking nuts… if it can happen to the experienced guys at modurstang it can happen to anyone…:doh:

So, hats off to Modurstang and 100% recommendation from me…

Thanks Mike…:)

Dan

And here is a photo of modurstang, the undercoat (before my phone battery died) and a photo of my trip computer after the drive up to Aberdeen with cruise set at 70mph (ish)... 30.6mpg !! :clap2:
20160715_093542 (Medium).jpg
DSC_0247 (Medium).JPG
20160716_194928 (Medium).jpg
Sponsored

Hitman9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO - 5.0 V8 - Soon!
Can't wait to get mine done next Monday.
Is there anything to do/see around there? I understand it will take about 6-7 hours to do the underseal, and with the rep they have, don't really want to be sat there watching them for that long.

OP
OP
Dan_G

Dan_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
if you like the historical national trusty stuff (very raucous mustang driver me...) ... we went to Upton house which filled the day nicely...

Also dont trust your satnav... check where its taking you... :p ... mine was a whole farmers field away...

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is there anything to do/see around there? I understand it will take about 6-7 hours to do the underseal, and with the rep they have, don't really want to be sat there watching them for that long.
Unfortunately, you are in the middle of nowhere, so you can't really walk anywhere - other than down the lanes to pass the time of day, there is a pool table.

You are within walking distance of Renault F1, but you have to get past the Gatehouse to get in there ;)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Mike has no issue you hanging around, you get free tea, a food van for lunch and you learn some very interesting stuff from Mike and Lee.
I was there for the day, chatting taking pictures, asking stupid questions :D

Sponsored

Bronzetooth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As soon as I have a collection date, Mike at Modurstang is my first contact to get booked in and get some work done, including the underseal.

Be a great first mini road trip too.

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
That's commitment [MENTION=12662]Dan[/MENTION] G. Some drive mate... It's a car that you can drive for hours get out and still want get back in 10 mins later.. Can't say that about many cars.
My undercoat is terrible too so will be getting it done this summer.

OP
OP
Dan_G

Dan_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That's commitment [MENTION=12662]Dan[/MENTION] G. Some drive mate... It's a car that you can drive for hours get out and still want get back in 10 mins later.. Can't say that about many cars.
My undercoat is terrible too so will be getting it done this summer.
To be honest the drive was great. Think you nailed it with your comment... you really do want to jump back in even after a long drive...

... my better half is 30weeks pregnant and she said it was very comfy even on such a long drive... which is praise indeed! :)

I left with less than 500miles on the clock... so that's almost 1000 miles in 4 days... things aren't looking good for my 10000 miles per year on my insurance...:shrug: :eek:
Sponsored