Sponsored

Foxbody Photoshop stock-look redesign.

cudak888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 + 1972 Mach 1 + 1969 Plymouth Valiant 100
I did this last night in one of my many attempts theorizing what a foxbody would look like had Ford put more emphasis on Mustang styling cues rather than allow Jack Telnack's European styling to take prominence. Something that works from the final design rather than off one of the many styling bucks made before the car's production:

May not be to everyone's tastes (and I'm still not satisfied with it myself - front lights look like an '80s Buick - not angular enough), but I thought I'd ask around.

Wheels and cowl hood were forced on me as part of the image; didn't feel like changing them after 3 hours of chopping the body.

Would be interested to hear opinions on this.

-Kurt
Sponsored

OP
OP

cudak888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man that's horrible! LOL!
Haha - that was good for a laugh!

Purely out of curiosity, is that comment from the perspective of an S197 fan or a Fox fan?

-Kurt

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Nope, FOX were great value Mustangs but really more Capri than Mustang in the DNA stakes. Heck, I even liked Camaros back then as a result of this stubby little things.

OP
OP

cudak888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, FOX were great value Mustangs but really more Capri than Mustang in the DNA stakes. Heck, I even liked Camaros back then as a result of this stubby little things.
How true...

-Kurt

Sponsored

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
I love the Fox body. I guess from a design point of view, it's an acquired taste. I like your idea and think your comments about the Buick headlights are right on. I also think that dated roof line and entire profile silhouette doesn't match up to the front and that is what is clashing. Can't wait to see this after you get the angles smoothed a little. That color is atrocious! Ahhhhh! Haha. Cool idea though. My hats off to you, I am not creative enough to have the idea, much less see it through.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Haha - that was good for a laugh!

Purely out of curiosity, is that comment from the perspective of an S197 fan or a Fox fan?

-Kurt

I'm a hardcore foxbody fan. Maybe that's why it's hard to see it different. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

cudak888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a hardcore foxbody fan. Maybe that's why it's hard to see it different. :thumbsup:
Interesting. Good to know; thanks.

Seen it before. The back end works the design in really nice and smoothly, but the front end is just too narrow to look right - especially with the '68/69 grill and Shelby lower valance. I'd take a 4-eye '79 front end over this, or a Capri (which is the best looking Fox front end, though the McLaren M81 probably wins out as the best looker of them all).

It would be interesting to see how a '65 front end and sectioned front bumper would integrate into the design.

-Kurt

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
I'm partial to the 87-93 GT. My first Mustang and my current project in my garage! Soft spot for it. I've had over a dozen different aero foxes. All types except for T-tops and convertibles.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cudak888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm partial to the 87-93 GT. My first Mustang and my current project in my garage! Soft spot for it. I've had over a dozen different aero foxes. All types except for T-tops and convertibles.
You're reminding me that there is an ASC McLaren convertible project car around here for $1k.

-Kurt

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Some designs stand the test of time. The Fox body is not one of those

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Some designs stand the test of time. The Fox body is not one of those
Man...I'd have to disagree hard!! But IMO when I see a nice clean one, which is now becoming rare, I get so excited like when I was a kid! :love:

But I can see your point. It's like my french bulldog. Only a face a parent can love! LOL!

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP