Sponsored

Forgestar CF5V

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I picked up a set of these as my track wheels for the upcoming season. Last season I rolled the N4SM R specs. The caliper to barrel clearance of the R specs ended up being too tight for my liking and comfort, and my calipers ended up getting scuffed with track debris due to the very limited clearance (no actual caliper to barrel contact though). Wheel weight, strength, and cost were also strong considerations for me in seeking another wheel. After some research I went with the CF5V in 19x11. My recollection is a +24 offset for the fronts and a +56 for the rears (don't have the specifics in front of me at the moment). The fronts weigh 24.9 and the rears weigh 23.4.

I test fit them this week and this is what I found: Caliper clearance is 6+mm :headbang: whereas the R spec clearance was 2mm or less (credit card thin). Here are a few pics of the caliper clearance:

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Really? I thought [MENTION=19530]Voodooo[/MENTION] test fit them and found them not to fit, but that might just been CF5s from my memory.

Interested in you confirming the offsets. Is that standard S550 offsets?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Really? I thought [MENTION=19530]Voodooo[/MENTION] test fit them and found them not to fit, but that might just been CF5s from my memory.

I think that was the CF5's. The only wheels that will fit with correct offsets and measurements are the CF5V's and the CF10's. F14's and CF5's are no dice. I just got info a set of CF5V's yesterday. 19x11 all around and 25+ offset front and 60+ offset rear.

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Really? I thought @Voodooo test fit them and found them not to fit, but that might just been CF5s from my memory.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of barrel clearance on this wheel. I doubt you will find another 19 inch wheel with much more clearance. I was concerned about a piece of debris getting stuck and acting like an auger on my caliper and wheel. I plan to run my R specs on the street.

Offsets confirmed. I believe the front is R spec offset +/- a mm or so. The rear is more aggressive than stock (I don't specifically recall what the standard 350 19x11 wheel is?), but not as aggressive as the R wheels that are 19x11.5. Once I get tires mounted in a couple of months and get the car back on the street I will post pics of the setup.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of barrel clearance on this wheel. I doubt you will find another 19 inch wheel with much more clearance. I was concerned about a piece of debris getting stuck and acting like an auger on my caliper and wheel. I plan to run my R specs on the street.

Offsets confirmed. I believe the front is R spec offset +/- a mm or so. The rear is more aggressive than stock (I don't specifically recall what the standard 350 19x11 wheel is?), but not as aggressive as the R wheels that are 19x11.5. Once I get tires mounted in a couple of months and get the car back on the street I will post pics of the setup.
R offsets (24/56)
non-R offsets (30/62)

Sounds like you have R fitment in the front and you're gonna "poke" 6mm in the rear. Niice:headbang:

If you don't mind me asking, how much do those wheels cost for that size?

Sponsored

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
R offsets (24/56)
non-R offsets (30/62)

Sounds like you have R fitment in the front and you're gonna "poke" 6mm in the rear. Niice:headbang:

If you don't mind me asking, how much do those wheels cost for that size?
Rears are not 11.5 wide, so the offset should be just right. I got a deal on my wheels, but I think retail they are in the $375-$400 range. Need4speed hooked me up with these, and their pricing seems to be about as good as it gets.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
If you want the rims to fit and they dont make them in any other offset, the other option is to shave a little bit off of the caliper. Shave that off (machine) repowder coat it and have a nice setup that is not noticeable.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice to hear. I recently installed a Full Tilt Boogie GT350 conversion kit for my 2017 GT. I had an aggressive set of CF10's already (30/48) which made the rears stick out too far after the conversion so I have on order now a set of CF5V 19x10 et30 front and 19x11 et56 rear. Keep in mind my fronts will be different because I have a GT but the rears will be the same as a GT350.

Good news thank you

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Looking forward to seeing them with tires and on the ground. I was looking at these as well. Trying to decide between these and the VS forged
If you were looking at 19" in VS forged, don't bother. They dont fit the GT350. Now I have to find another 19" option, or go 20" and having to buy new tires, which I was trying to avoid.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Yea, that was my set. They dont clear front brakes. The wheels weighed 20lbs. You can imagine how disappointed I was, and Paul.
I was one of the disappointed customers as well. To Paul's credit he quickly alerted us about the problem. I wound up moving up to the GA1R open lug Forgeline in satin bronze.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I was one of the disappointed customers as well. To Paul's credit he quickly alerted us about the problem. I wound up moving up to the GA1R open lug Forgeline in satin bronze.
Paul was outstanding, as always. Great choice of wheels by the way. Out of my budget range, or that would be the same wheel and combo Id order.