Sponsored

Ford Underseal fix...... disappointed.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
As for not treating these cars and relying on the metal resisting corrosion. I do see you're point, but as far as I am aware all other Ford's sold in the UK are treated. So you can't compare? Also if it was no longer needed why would manufacturers still do it?
Mustangs aren’t under sealed in the US. In the north winters are much colder than ours and they also use road salt. In southern states such as Florida and Georgia its much wetter than here with high humidity....

With regard to the under seal not hardening there was a thread on here some time back by someone with a similar problem. I think they had it removed and redone..
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Would it not be a good idea for some 2015 owners to post some pictures from underneath their cars ? After 3 years or so if there was going to be a horror story of rusty bottoms then the evidence would already be showing.

My dad had a Morris Oxford that was scrapped at 4 years old because it was rusted through !

'Hinch' - you can check on your local council website which roads are gritted.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i'm in doncaster the town that the country forgot :) our council hasn't had any salt for at least the last 7 years and certainly what little bit they have had hasn't come to this side of town.

https://goo.gl/maps/AxvyUJ9EnDq

you can go back 4 years and see the salt barn is clearly empty and they just use it for parking the brand new gritters in that haven't been used once.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
i'm in doncaster the town that the country forgot :) our council hasn't had any salt for at least the last 7 years and certainly what little bit they have had hasn't come to this side of town.

https://goo.gl/maps/AxvyUJ9EnDq

you can go back 4 years and see the salt barn is clearly empty and they just use it for parking the brand new gritters in that haven't been used once.
only salt in doncaster (the town the country forgot - brilliantly true!) is on our Fish and chips!

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
A quote from the Doncaster webpage above "During the winter period motorists cannot and should not assume that any particular section of road has been treated and we would caution you to drive with due care and attention to the conditions." ---- they just missed off the words " ....because we lie a lot and have absolutely no intention of actually doing any of this"

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
i really wish i was, what they say on their website and what they actually do 2 different things.
Are you actually on a road that is on the map as being gritted ? If you are not then it will not be done. Do you have a grit bin nearby ?

Councils can't just lie about things like this as they are publicly accountable. If you don't think they are gritting, then do a freedom of information request to find out. Don't waste their time however unless there really is an issue.

Don't forget trunk roads are under a different set of rules.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Are you actually on a road that is on the map as being gritted ? If you are not then it will not be done. Do you have a grit bin nearby ?

Councils can't just lie about things like this as they are publicly accountable. If you don't think they are gritting, then do a freedom of information request to find out. Don't waste their time however unless there really is an issue.

Don't forget trunk roads are under a different set of rules.
i'm on the corner between 2 of the roads marked on the map and I know they don't grit i don't need to foi it, they publicly announced they don't send the gritters out and they haven't for years. they were supplied the brand new gritters about 4 years ago maybe just just before we had that really bad winter with like 4 foot of snow and they didn't send them out once. there's only one grit bin I know about in the entire town and its been full of nappies for at least the last 25 years to my knowledge.
You seem to think corrupt labour councils are accountable for anything they say and don't deliver. The only thing you can guarantee our council does is take amazing back handers so we can get planning for anything we want.
Sponsored