Ford power pack - will this also come to the UK

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
Found these when I was looking a way back, hope fully helpful to you;
thanks - this was super helpful.
Will have to go for this if Ford don't hurry up with the official product! (I want to keep my warranty)
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
To be honest, the peak power gains seem a little dissappointing.

Only 37bhp from a tune, CAI, bigger TB and a 350 intake manifold.

I was hoping that would be more like 70-80bhp.

Will wait and see about prices, but they will need to be competitive to stop me going with something like Steeda.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Some of the intakes with a tune say 30bhp gain, so you'd expect more from a throttle body and manifold too.

OP
OP
MrWolf

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Well, Lethal have them priced at:-

Stage 1=$499 available now
Stage 2=$795 available end of September
Stage 3=$1999 available end of October

I wonder, if/when this ever gets released here through Ford (or other authorised company) how much they will translate here?

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

I wonder, if/when this ever gets released here through Ford (or other authorised company) how much they will translate here?
Probably 1:1 at a guess. so £500/£795/£2000.

And probably through Mountune

OP
OP
MrWolf

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
That's what I thought. Still, for stage 2, I think it's a good price, and like I said before, I've got this now ready to throw at Ford!!!:ford:

V8nag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
I wonder how this will impact warranty if you've bought an extended 5 year warranty on purchase of car as the US small print seems to suggest (at least in US) that you only get a 3 year warranty

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car

Power Pack 3 looks more like it ...... and extra 60bhp would put mine close to 490bhp, but it will be interesting to see if it keeps the warranty intact. Power packs 1 and 2 seem a bit less extreme so may well not invalidate the warranty. Does 3 increase the rev limit? ..... is 7500rpm is more than standard? If so I guess this is where most of the extra power is coming from.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Power Pack 3 looks more like it ...... and extra 60bhp would put mine close to 490bhp, but it will be interesting to see if it keeps the warranty intact. Power packs 1 and 2 seem a bit less extreme so may well not invalidate the warranty. Does 3 increase the rev limit? ..... is 7500rpm is more than standard? If so I guess this is where most of the extra power is coming from.
Pack 3 is 37BHP peak. 60BHP gain is at 7500rpm as on the stock IM power falls off past 6500rpm.

You get all 3 maps, Power pack 3 map has the higher rev limit of 7500rpm which is perfectly safe on the engine with no supporting modifications. Anything over 7500rpm is not recommended however as our crank pulley was not designed for operation beyond 7500rpm.

Power pack 3 will take a UK car upto around 445-455BHP based on Fords claims, if you have a catback exhaust and use a high-flow filter on the CAI it will be 460-470BHP. No chance of 490 I am afraid, you will need headers for that.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Talking of which, any more news on the aussie ones [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]?
Being snowed under buddy.

I have an invoice from them, so I am just timing when to order as to when the pound strengthens, but looking around £1400 landed.

Then I will have to get a proper exhaust shop to fit because they will probably need to manufacturer some sleaves/connector to make it connect upto my Corsa system neatly, will be pretty much same case for any catback I'd imagine though we may get lucky and it just connect up.

Give me a few weeks and I hope to sort it out, just ordered a PMAS CAI from Lethal though, which I shall dyno before and after on same dyno I've already made runs on.

I am hopeful for at least a 10BHP gain (450) but be great to see 20 so around 460BHP, then hoping headers take me to around 500BHP with a shit load more torque.

I shall also rotate the maf down so fresh air is blowing over the sensor to stop heat soak and I shall also fabricate a duct to go from the grill duct into the actual PMAS air box as all my front grill is fully opened up so should not limit flow in anyway. :)

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had a look at rotating the tube so the MAF was underneath and away from the plastic but there's not enough room. You can rotate it but it still touches the box so I rotated it upwards slightly so there's a couple of mm space.

I'm on a dyno next thursday.

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
According to the Ford website offering these Performance Packs, they also offer the supercharger kit with warranty, do you think this will ever be applicable in the UK ?

OP
OP
MrWolf

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I had a look at rotating the tube so the MAF was underneath and away from the plastic but there's not enough room. You can rotate it but it still touches the box so I rotated it upwards slightly so there's a couple of mm space.

I'm on a dyno next thursday.
Really interested to hear what you find. PMAS +Ford power pack 1 could end up being pretty good while keeping warranty
Sponsored