Sponsored

Ford Performance GT350 CAI for the EBM

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I'd be in for one as long as they take pay-pal (I've had issues in the past with online CC transactions and fraud) or if it's a direct purchase from them via phone.
Sponsored

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Just clicked on the link to the roush cai to look at it. Saw the listed hp and tq gains then laughed and had to close the page.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Justin, send me yours first I'll put it on the dyno on my setup and compare stock, 3.5" Tube w/ 9" filter, then this thing.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
^^^ This

I think the benefits of a bigger intake can be an advantageous modification on a stock turbo because as we push the limits of efficiency and get closer to running off of the right of the curve, a freer flowing intake will show it's merit in those applications. [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] I know that on a bigger turbo set-up you did not experience any appreciable gains by changing to an open element filtration set-up, but have you personally seen any gains on an otherwise stock turbo using an intake set-up similar to the one in this thread?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
it also has to go under the reservoir, does the whole thing angle down or does it bend? and is it gonna have a connection that steps down or does the tube stepdown?
Under what reservoir? It routes to the ducting on the front grille like the factory airbox. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Probably almost identical to the pipe on the roush.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-cai-2015eco.html
It utilizes the factory turbo inlet pipe (TIP). Basically speaking, you're replacing the airboxs between the cars.

I'd be in for one as long as they take pay-pal (I've had issues in the past with online CC transactions and fraud) or if it's a direct purchase from them via phone.
They do take Paypal. If you're seriously interested, shoot Steve an email and let him know that you want one. For what it's worth, Tasca would be one of the last vendors that I'd be worried about defrauding me or poor service.

Justin, send me yours first I'll put it on the dyno on my setup and compare stock, 3.5" Tube w/ 9" filter, then this thing.
We'll talk whenever I get it in. If it wasn't a Ford setup, I wouldn't even bother, but I'm just curious as to whether it's as good or better than the factory box with the smaller filter. I can't imagine they'd design a poorer performing product and put it on their holy grail Mustang, but there's only one way to know though, lol. :thumbsup: You should try to source (borrow) an Airaid too and see how it'd do being a closed box design.

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Under what reservoir? It routes to the ducting on the front grille like the factory airbox. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

It utilizes the factory turbo inlet pipe (TIP). Basically speaking, you're replacing the airboxs between the cars.

They do take Paypal. If you're seriously interested, shoot Steve an email and let him know that you want one. For what it's worth, Tasca would be one of the last vendors that I'd be worried about defrauding me or poor service.

We'll talk whenever I get it in. If it wasn't a Ford setup, I wouldn't even bother, but I'm just curious as to whether it's as good or better than the factory box with the smaller filter. I can't imagine they'd design a poorer performing product and put it on their holy grail Mustang, but there's only one way to know though, lol. :thumbsup: You should try to source (borrow) an Airaid too and see how it'd do being a closed box design.
I mean, Roush made an intake... lol.

Also, the surface area on the stock filter is probably equal to the cone filter.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I mean, Roush made an intake... lol.

Also, the surface area on the stock filter is probably equal to the cone filter.
Are you criticizing the Roush only or making the inference that the Ford Racing filter is on the same order?

Do you have any actual data to give us a clue as to what, if any advantages there are? I'm not going to bother upgrading the rather well designed stock filter for 5~10hp...not on car making as much power as the EB does modified.

I think most people aren't trying to set records, so certain modifications matter while others don't or make undesirable compromises.

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Just sent e mail this am and received an e mail back already from Steve. I am the first one on the list.. Have done business with Tasca a few times before. Good solid company.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Are you criticizing the Roush only or making the inference that the Ford Racing filter is on the same order?

Do you have any actual data to give us a clue as to what, if any advantages there are? I'm not going to bother upgrading the rather well designed stock filter for 5~10hp...not on car making as much power as the EB does modified.

I think most people aren't trying to set records, so certain modifications matter while others don't or make undesirable compromises.
Exactly, the stock setup is not a restriction on this EB, if anything people are going to be paying for sound and looks, that's it. A good overall setup is, drop in filter + airraide tube + velossa tech ram air + cut off resonator and plug cap on the intake box. Good luck all

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Exactly, the stock setup is not a restriction on this EB, if anything people are going to be paying for sound and looks, that's it. A good overall setup is, drop in filter + airraide tube + velossa tech ram air + cut off resonator and plug cap on the intake box. Good luck all
I wouldn't even worry about the Airaid tube on the stock box. The factory tube has a real nice, smooth, and linear taper to the stock turbo inlet size. I'd go with the Airaid on a larger stock location turbo like the Vargas or Cavalli.

If people are gonna keep the stock box, I'd do a panel filter and a resonator delete. That's what I'm running right now and it's doing well. I don't doubt that the factory box does well on an aftermarket setup too, but I'm curious by nature and want to try the GT350 setup. Worst case, it's not a ton of wasted money. But who knows, it might perform really well too — seeing how Ford did so well with the stock box.

Overall, it's cheap enough that I'll buy it, test it, and see how it does.

Sponsored

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Can you give more info on "plug cap on the intake box"?

Are you referring to removing the weird little noise cancelling box?

TIA

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Can you give more info on "plug cap on the intake box"?

Are you referring to removing the weird little noise cancelling box?

TIA
Yes, go on to velossa tech site, and click around till you find the s550 section and they sell the cap, u would have to do the cutting on your own

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Yes, go on to velossa tech site, and click around till you find the s550 section and they sell the cap, u would have to do the cutting on your own
Roger that.

Thank you.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
This is actually the set-up I am using, however I have GT grills. I'm not 100% sure if the Ram Air piece from Velossa will work with the stock Ecoboost grill. Feel free to double check me.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
This is actually the set-up I am using, however I have GT grills. I'm not 100% sure if the Ram Air piece from Velossa will work with the stock Ecoboost grill. Feel free to double check me.
No u are correct, it only works with the GT grill, ty for saying. So how do u like the setup?
Sponsored