Sponsored

Ford Performance Exhaust (part# M-5200-MSS)

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the Ford Performance Exhaust (part# M-5200-MSS). The lowest price I have found was at LevittownFordParts.com for $1,719 + shipping. Anyone find it for less? Also, any feedback/videos from others running this exhaust would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
That's a pretty good price, back a year ago, it would be closer to 1800 on a group buy, so I'd be surprised if you find it for less. It's a great unit, good fit, good sound, easy install, and several people have them with good results. Make sure you look for Epiphany's installation thread if you're still thinking.

My only regret, is that I feel like it is money that did not need to be spent at all. But once you've made your mind to getting a new exhaust, it's a great choice.

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's a pretty good price, back a year ago, it would be closer to 1800 on a group buy, so I'd be surprised if you find it for less. It's a great unit, good fit, good sound, easy install, and several people have them with good results. Make sure you look for Epiphany's installation thread if you're still thinking.

My only regret, is that I feel like it is money that did not need to be spent at all. But once you've made your mind to getting a new exhaust, it's a great choice.
Good to hear, thanks for the feedback! I've gone through Epiphany's thread, alot of good info there. I currently have a res delete and am itching for a little bit more. My only worry is loosing the high rpm scream that the car currently has but as long as the FP exhaust retains that voodoo sound I think i'll be happy. Unfortunately, there arent alot of sound clips out there.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Good to hear, thanks for the feedback! I've gone through Epiphany's thread, alot of good info there. I currently have a res delete and am itching for a little bit more. My only worry is loosing the high rpm scream that the car currently has but as long as the FP exhaust retains that voodoo sound I think i'll be happy. Unfortunately, there arent alot of sound clips out there.
I have an R delete, let me know how it sounds afterwards. AutobahnGT350 has FR and it sounds great, he does not have the R delete.

:cheers:

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have an R delete, let me know how it sounds afterwards. AutobahnGT350 has FR and it sounds great, he does not have the R delete.

So you've heard both the FP exhaust and the res delete in person? If so, how do they compare?

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So you've heard both the FP exhaust and the res delete in person? If so, how do they compare?
We had them side by side last year at Ford Nationals. I will say I like how my R delete sounded in the early RPMs. The FR sounds deeper in high RPMs. The crowd seemed to like mine better at idle.
It's a tough choice. I paid 80 bucks total and love the cost point.

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
We had them side by side last year at Ford Nationals. I will say I like how my R delete sounded in the early RPMs. The FR sounds deeper in high RPMs. The crowd seemed to like mine better at idle.
It's a tough choice. I paid 80 bucks total and love the cost point.
Man I wish there was a video of that, would make this alot easier for me, lol. Is the FP noticeably louder than the R delete? Also, did the FP retain that voodoo high pitched sound?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Man I wish there was a video of that, would make this alot easier for me, lol. Is the FP noticeably louder than the R delete? Also, did the FP retain that voodoo high pitched sound?
The pitch takes a very slight hit, but mostly unnoticeable. But then makes up for it in a more deeper sound that is awesome. Hypothetically, if my buddy did not have FR, I would most likely get it. I like the differences.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Howdy all,

Yes, both cars sounded great. I would say 5.0s assessment is spot on. I would do the Ford Performance again in a heartbeat though. I love how it growls as you go through the RPM range. The side by side rev comparison was a classic Shelby audio fest.

Here is the last post I made regarding my install. It has some vids of the sound.

Finally got around to installing my Ford Performance by Borla Sport cat back. The sound change in sport mode alone was well worth it. Cold starts are a little louder, but after warming up, the sound in normal mode is somewhat deeper, but still has that original Shelby sound.https://youtu.be/82WxVcox8r4[/URL

Factory exhaust removed, only factory headers and cats

https://youtu.be/qgEtwEd9tqw

After Install

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82WxVcox8r4

This was a great mod. Big shout out to Grimace 427, he is a great guy
and very knowledgeable as well. Thank you.

Past Cars: 1967 Mustang GT fastback, 1969 Camaro SS, 1979 Z-28, 1987 IROC-Z, 1979 Mercedes 200 D, 2001 M Roadster Convertible, 2001 M3 Convertible, 1997 C5 Corvette, 2001 C5 Z06, 2002 C5 Z06, 2005 C6 Corvette Coupe, 2010 BMW 335D,

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Here is a Shelby GT350 at Mustang Week with the new Ford Performance by Borla exhaust.

[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Howdy all,

Yes, both cars sounded great. I would say 5.0s assessment is spot on. I would do the Ford Performance again in a heartbeat though. I love how it growls as you go through the RPM range. The side by side rev comparison was a classic Shelby audio fest.

Here is the last post I made regarding my install. It has some vids of the sound.

Finally got around to installing my Ford Performance by Borla Sport cat back. The sound change in sport mode alone was well worth it. Cold starts are a little louder, but after warming up, the sound in normal mode is somewhat deeper, but still has that original Shelby sound.https://youtu.be/82WxVcox8r4[/URL

Factory exhaust removed, only factory headers and cats

https://youtu.be/qgEtwEd9tqw

After Install

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82WxVcox8r4

This was a great mod. Big shout out to Grimace 427, he is a great guy
and very knowledgeable as well. Thank you.

Past Cars: 1967 Mustang GT fastback, 1969 Camaro SS, 1979 Z-28, 1987 IROC-Z, 1979 Mercedes 200 D, 2001 M Roadster Convertible, 2001 M3 Convertible, 1997 C5 Corvette, 2001 C5 Z06, 2002 C5 Z06, 2005 C6 Corvette Coupe, 2010 BMW 335D,

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm going to go forward with ordering it. If your video is any indication, it will sound more aggressive than my current res delete/x-pipe.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm going to go forward with ordering it. If your video is any indication, it will sound more aggressive than my current res delete/x-pipe.
You are going to live it. It keeps the Shelby tone while being more aggressive at the same time.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
You are going to love it. It keeps the Shelby tone while being more aggressive at the same time.:headbang::ford:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
If u like higher pitch at high rpm's u may want to check Corsa's double helix mid-pipe. One downside to this option is u have to cut the factory exhaust and if weight reduction is a motivator u don't save anything after figuring in the clamps.
Sponsored