Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration and Steeda Closed CAI Compatibility

Mustang11020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/PP1
I have a 2020 Mustang GT PP1 with an x pipe and a Steeda axle back exhaust (which sounds and performs great). My next step is to upgrade the intake and look at tuning the car. So my question is: I want to put the FORD PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION W/ COLD AIR INTAKE & THROTTLE BODY, PART NUMBER: M-9603-M8B , on the car, but I want to use the Steeda S550 Mustang GT ProFlow Closed Cold Air Intake instead of the open FP CAI. Is the Steeda Closed CAI compatible with this tune? What I mean is, will the Steeda CAI fit on the 87mm Ford throttle body, and will it work right with the FP Calibration? Last, would I use the cone part that goes in the Steeda intake tube or not with the car re-calibrated (If the CAI is compatible)? Thanks for your time looking into this!
D.B. - Ft Worth, TX
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda closed box Cold Air Intake requires a specific calibration - unfortunately, it's a little more advanced when it comes to tuning - it wouldn't be able to be used with that kit.

TJ

Last edited:

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The Steeda closed box Cold Air Intake requires a specific calibration - unfortunately, its a little more advanced when it comes to tuning - it would be able to be used with that kit.

TJ
You say that your CAI and tune is "specific" and "unfortunately" more advanced, but it can be used with the Ford Performance kit. Maybe it is just me, but that seems confusing. Maybe you meant wouldn't instead of "would"?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You say that your CAI and tune is "specific" and "unfortunately" more advanced, but it can be used with the Ford Performance kit. Maybe it is just me, but that seems confusing. Maybe you meant wouldn't instead of "would"?
I was kind of confused too, I read it twice. it sounds like, it cant be, and then says it can be to end the statement. im sure it was a typo

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about that ... my 2-year old hanging around in my work environment makes for a more complicated work atmosphere.

The Ford tune is specific to that Ford open-element CAI - you can't switch it with the Steeda unit.

The Steeda Closed BOX CAI requires a custom tune ... where the Ford Performance tune is more of a canned tune for that specific application.

You would need this kit for the closed box CAI: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3965-mustang-power-pack

Are you interested in going the Steeda route or do you want to stick with the Ford unit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang11020

Mustang11020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/PP1
I'm real interested in the Steeda route on this and the CAI Kit looks good, but I would like to know more about how it handles on a '20 GT w/pp1 and A10 trans? Very few videos on this upgrade and how the shifting performance goes. Is the shifting more like the Lund tune or the Ford Calibration tune? Does the tune improve low and mid range as well as high end? I know these are basic questions, but any info or video links on the Steeda tunes performance would be helpful. I've watched many video reviews on the Lund and PBD tunes, so I feel like I know what to expect there. Thx again - D.B.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda Tune on my 2019 Mustang GT Premium Auto - the car was good before the tune but after the tune & CAI - the car is a lot more fun, the car chirps throughout the shifts when you get it on it & its very smooth. From low-end to high-end power ... it's awesome & a very noticeable difference - I am not just saying that because I work for Steeda.

Also, depending on your feedback - the closed box is a great product but if this is more for a DD - then the drivability & performance of the open element CAI may suit your needs better.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] & I will get you connected with our tuning department if they can help answer your more technical questions :)
Sponsored