Sponsored

Ford CSM denied the buyback and need some help.

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Good evening guys, I need some help regarding the buyback process on my 18 Mustang GT. I am currently in GA, and it states that 3 attempts for most issues, 1 attempt for defects that could cause serious injury or death, and After being out of service for at least 30 days. In my case, the service record indicates the service start date from 11/13/18 to 12/31/18, which is over 30 days. It has gone through motor replacement due to ticking and rattling. However, I just got a call today and CSM told me that its been declined, and she will gather up the information once again and call me on Monday. I asked the reason of disqualifying and she said she cannot provide me that information. My new motor came back with the rattle. (no tick yet). Can anyone tell me what I should do in order to be qualified for the buyback? My previous 16 GT was bought back and it was right after 31 days. Could they deny the buyback because they already did once for me? Thank you.
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
you have to return it for the new issue and contact a lawyer for lemon law

OP
OP

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
you have to return it for the new issue and contact a lawyer for lemon law
What do you mean I need to return for the new issue? and I did not have to hire the lawyer when I did my 16..

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
What do you mean I need to return for the new issue? and I did not have to hire the lawyer when I did my 16..
you said the initial fix is complete and you have the car back yes? your probably too late to lemon the car. The rattle the new engine has is an issue. you take it in to them for that then apply for lemon again, if you still have trouble consult a lawyer

edit: plus that time frame of completion is really good considering holidays. this might also play a part in the rejection.

OP
OP

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
you said the initial fix is complete and you have the car back yes? your probably too late to lemon the car. The rattle the new engine has is an issue. you take it in to them for that then apply for lemon again, if you still have trouble consult a lawyer

edit: plus that time frame of completion is really good considering holidays. this might also play a part in the rejection.
When I requested the buyback during the period of fix, they said they cannot process the buyback because the service record is not documented, and wait until the documents are ready. If I put my car back to the dealer for the rattle, do I have to wait another 30 days?

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
When I requested the buyback during the period of fix, they said they cannot process the buyback because the service record is not documented, and wait until the documents are ready. If I put my car back to the dealer for the rattle, do I have to wait another 30 days?
i dont know. its going to need to require specific details if trying to avoid a lawyer then yes you will need to wait another 30

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
The service record is not documented because the servicing dealer may have not closed the repair orders yet. Don't sweat it. Just have a talk with the service manager.

OP
OP

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The service record is not documented because the servicing dealer may have not closed the repair orders yet. Don't sweat it. Just have a talk with the service manager.
Yeah thank you. I just spoke with CSM again and she said she will see if she is missing any documents and review once again on Monday. I am just gonna get the quote from a lawyer and file a complaint on BBB right now.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Did you read up on your states lemon laws on the state official website? Some states have no attorney fee for you. Monies paid to attorney are paid by the manufacturer.

OP
OP

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you read up on your states lemon laws on the state official website? Some states have no attorney fee for you. Monies paid to attorney are paid by the manufacturer.
It does not state about lawyer fees.
Sponsored