Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
  • Banned
This is my first newish vehicle other than the new ranger(2019) It has the b/o and nav but we didn't get this message for it, only the mustang.
Being new to this type tech, what needs to be done to update the car?
And how do I check to see if the ranger needs it done, or not.
Again new to this type stuff, so please reply as you would to someone with no clue about any of this. I know enough about computers to be dangerous. but smart enough to know when I need to stop and ask questions first.
Thanks.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This is my first newish vehicle other than the new ranger(2019) It has the b/o and nav but we didn't get this message for it, only the mustang.
Being new to this type tech, what needs to be done to update the car?
And how do I check to see if the ranger needs it done, or not.
Again new to this type stuff, so please reply as you would to someone with no clue about any of this. I know enough about computers to be dangerous. but smart enough to know when I need to stop and ask questions first.
Thanks.
There are two different types of updates. One is the general Sync 3 update (think windows updates) and the other is for maps if you have navigation.

To find out what you have go to General, Settings, About Sync.

1633010941891.png

This will tell you what you currently have. The latest Sync version/build is V3.4 B 21194. The latest maps update is NA 2 20.

Now, if you are connected to your home wifi, check to see if you have auto updates on.

1633011067716.png

Please note that auto updates do not work for everyone based on wifi strength and speed. Yuo can do a "check for update now" to see if that works.

Sync updates can also be found online at https://www.ford.com/support/. You will need to setup an account (which you should already have if you are using FordPass. Then scroll down to see if you have an update.

Lastly there is a different site for maps. Let me know if you have Nav and we will go from there.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.14.51 AM.png