S550carl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Hello 6g forums

So I've got a 2017 GT that has a lot of frame damage and a 17 EcoBoost shell that was freshwater flooded up to the carpet . Both cars are 6r80 and are RHD. With the way it works in Australia, we don't have different performance pack options, so I think the cars are the equivalent of the PP1 cars you have in the states. I'm already a fair way into this and have both cars in pieces. I'm doing this for the learning experience lol

my questions:
1. Am I going to be fine if I keep the EcoBoost body harness that goes through the firewall? if so, what modules am i going to need to swap over from the GT?
2. Will i be able to do all the reprogramming with FORScan or am i going to need dealer help?
Sponsored

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
You may be able to use the Ecoboost body harnesses, but they do differ based on options from the factory. May or may not work. My Ecoboost to coyote swap was 2016 chassis and 2020 drivetrain and harness plugs were different. But since yours are both 2017 you might be ok. Look up my prior posts about this and PATS programming via Forscan for some insight. My solutions may or may not assist you, I’m still not sure if my solutions were situation specific or may work more universally. I was able to do the necessary programming with Forscan.