OP
Mestisoboy

Mestisoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/CS 10R80 - 2008 GT/CS 230K miles - 1956 F100 Panel 351C & C6
Vehicle Showcase
Its not your tune its the intake. I have the same issue from time to time with the jlt. I was having issues early on with the car not learning properly so lund had me adjust the amount of idle time when switching fuels. Said its a common problem with the jlt. It still didn't always learn the correct e content but it was better. I test my fuel all the time so I know what my afr should adjust to and its hit or miss if it adjust right the first time. Usually a Kam reset will get the comp to adjust to the correct e content but just today I switched back from e54 to e85 and my car stayed at 12:1 so I did a Kam reset and and are wouldnt drop below 13.7:1 so I said F-it and switched to my e85r tune. Problem solved lol
They just emailed me a revised FF Tune. If it fixes it, hurray. If not, I might 86 the JLT and use a drop in.
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm having issue where it's taking a really long time (sometimes couple of hrs driving or few ignition cycles) for the ALCH_LRN flag to change to 1. I'm on the stock intake with aFe dry filter.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Its not your tune its the intake. I have the same issue from time to time with the jlt. I was having issues early on with the car not learning properly so lund had me adjust the amount of idle time when switching fuels. Said its a common problem with the jlt. It still didn't always learn the correct e content but it was better. I test my fuel all the time so I know what my afr should adjust to and its hit or miss if it adjust right the first time. Usually a Kam reset will get the comp to adjust to the correct e content but just today I switched back from e54 to e85 and my car stayed at 12:1 so I did a Kam reset and and are wouldnt drop below 13.7:1 so I said F-it and switched to my e85r tune. Problem solved lol
This. KAM reset and knowledge ftw.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm having issue where it's taking a really long time (sometimes couple of hrs driving or few ignition cycles) for the ALCH_LRN flag to change to 1. I'm on the stock intake with aFe dry filter.
KAM reset will normally do it quite quickly.

On OEM intake with drop in as well.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Also with our fuel in Phoenix I have found e54 to 91 oct and back no problem. But when going full e85 back to e54 it's almost as if the difference isn't enough to relearn on it's own. AFR is off. KAM reset and instantly learns correctly.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
KAM reset will normally do it quite quickly.

On OEM intake with drop in as well.
Lund NGauge has KAM reset right ? I recall seeing it when going through menus

OP
OP
Mestisoboy

Mestisoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had that happen to me the last time I filled up. I had it on dedicated E85 then I flashed it for Flex, filled up and I drove it for an hour and it didn't flag.
That's where I'm at right now. So I flashed back to dedicated E85.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Lund NGauge has KAM reset right ? I recall seeing it when going through menus

Sct devices do. Sounds like nguage may not so would have to go through battery route if not.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Sct devices do. Sounds like nguage may not so would have to go through battery route if not.
I just checked today, Lund NGauge has these 3 features in vehicle functions

1) PCM KAM Reset
2) Crank relearn
3) Transmission relearn

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
I had that happen to me the last time I filled up. I had it on dedicated E85 then I flashed it for Flex, filled up and I drove it for an hour and it didn't flag.
That's where I'm at right now. So I flashed back to dedicated E85.
For me it has been hit and miss. Sometimes it learns within 10 or 20 mins when i fill up, otherwise it takes a really long time like an hour or few ignition cycles over few days

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I just checked today, Lund NGauge has these 3 features in vehicle functions

1) PCM KAM Reset
2) Crank relearn
3) Transmission relearn
Nice! Easy peasy then.

OP
OP
Mestisoboy

Mestisoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. My nGauge has KAM reset. Crank relearn and transmission relearn.

OP
OP
Mestisoboy

Mestisoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Easy peasy then.
So I finally got the revised FF tune today. Flashed my car and it flagged at 87.6%. Happy camper now!! Or so I thought.
I ran to the gas station to fill her up as she was around 1/4 tank and when it did the relearn, it flagged at 99.5% alch!! Jeeez
Cruised it home and did the KAM reset with the nGauge. Fired it up and it almost instantly flagged it at 100% alch!! WTH??
I reflashed the dedicated E85 ran it for a bit and then reflashed the revised FF.
It flagged it at 87.6% again and she's happy.
I'm just wondering what the next fillup will look like.
Is it going to peg 95.5% again?
What would cause that and what would cause 100% alch read after KAM reset.
Sponsored