First Warranty Issue

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
So I got my car last Friday November the 21'st and I have been driving it as much as possible before I put it away for the winter.

Well fast forward to Tuesday night, car has about 365 KM on it at this time, I'm driving home not really paying attention to the road due to the fact that I'm ecstatic about my new car, I hit a bump in the road. This was no ordinary bump as the road was getting repaved so it was lowered on one part raised on the other, needless to say I went over the curb sized bump travelling about 60K and it was BANG.

At that moment my heart sank I thought for sure my rims were done, as soon as I went over the bump a little wrench symbol came on and read "Driving Mode Select Unavailable". So at this point I'm freaking out, I pull off into a parking lot turn off the car get out make sure there is no damage anywhere walk around twice no damage safe *phew*. I get back into the car turn it on little wrench symbol is gone so I'm like ok no big deal its gone everything works we are good to go.

Pick up my girlfriend from work, start driving home all of a sudden engine light turns on, so now I'm really freaking out, pull off into another parking lot shut the car off for a few seconds turn it back on....nothing engine is turning over but not firing up. Try it a second time fire's up revs drop instantly to about 400-450, at this point I just wanted to get home, start driving away and I can feel something is not right, I get to the intersection start turning right and BAM car is DEAD engine shuts off no power no nothing. So I'm sitting there like WTF just happened people are driving by staring taking pictures blah blah blah, I call Roadside assistance get picked up, towed to the nearest dealership left there due to it being 10 PM.

I get there the next morning explain to the service guys what happened they are all scratching their heads, techs take the car in plug it in code is showing fault in the crank sensor, fast forward the problem was the crank sensor got a bit loose when I went over the bump and was screwing up the electronics in the car.

Everything is fine now back to normal and my car has 406 KM as it prepares to go into hibernation :)

I thought I would share to give you all a heads up if you ever run into a similar situation.

I apologize for the story but everyone loves detail.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirko03

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
fc09f187603c09da979085ff6ce28b65.jpg

It's never fun to see your brand new car getting put onto a tow truck.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Wow! Lucky that you are young! I would have got a heart attack! But it is a good thing that they fixed it under warranty.

ELPYBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang EB Premium w/ PP and Navi
Good thing everything was ok.
but GAWD DAMN your car is one sexy mama. :eyebulge:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirko03

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Wow! Lucky that you are young! I would have got a heart attack! But it is a good thing that they fixed it under warranty.

Worst night of my life! They took the sensor apart put it back and it's all good now.

The funny thing is the road which was getting repaved was Ford of Canada's road lol bastards.

OP
OP
Mirko03

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Good thing everything was ok.

but GAWD DAMN your car is one sexy mama. :eyebulge:

Thanks, if you ordered one I can tell you that you deffenitly won't be let down!

Pics before the incident.

d96db0d4f9ea8da75de16eb6303fd298.jpg

6a807a453c3d5625596009206519c9a3.jpg

f05086fecf94afc3dd02ffa9a88be32a.jpg

ELPYBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang EB Premium w/ PP and Navi
Thanks, if you ordered one I can tell you that you deffenitly won't be let down!
Yes I did an ecoboost premium, buts it's going to be a grueling long wait. Just can't wait!
Sponsored