Speaker wires touched now no sound

Devindc625

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I accidently touched the rear deck speaker wires together and I now can't get any sound out of them. Head unit works fine. The chimes all work its just no sound. Here is my setup

I have a crescendo 2000w amp with rca lineout converter wired to rear deck speakers. Its been in the car working great for 3-4 months i was upgrading the speaker wires when they touched. I heard a pop and havent had sound yet.

Heres what ive done to try and fix it.
Ive disconnescted the amp (aftermarket one),RCA lineout converter and subwoofers
Checked all fuses
Master reset head unit.
Disconnected the battery 3 times ranging from 1 minute to 3 hours
And even tried disconnecting rear deck speakers.

I assume i could have fried something like the stock amp or ACM. Just trying to get some insight on this before i keep digging thanks. The car is a 2016 ecoboost mustang premium with sync 3 headunit on latest version of sync (version 3) with shaker system....doesnt have stock subwoofer though? I bought it without it.
Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You fried your amp. Time to shop for a new one.

OP
OP
Devindc625

Devindc625

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
I figured so....ive been attempting to test it a little any good ways you know to do that?. I opened it up and it didnt look burned on the circuit board any where. Seems there would be a fuse or something similar to prevent that. If a speaker "blows" cant it cause the same similar scenario?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Most amps have an internal fuse, to prevent exactly that, no? No idea where it is, or if it's replaceable, but maybe an expert from an audio shop can shed some light into that. Good luck.

OP
OP
Devindc625

Devindc625

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
Theres no fuse inside amp i pulles it apart lastnight to see if there was one and also looked to see if it was burned. Which wires are the line level input from head unit to stock amp?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh man. So you blew an internal component then. You'd need to know which one, to see if it's possible to replace or not. I'm far from an expert on that, so can't help you. Sorry. I'd take it to a specialty sound system shop, and see what they think. But if not too expensive, you'd probably be better off just buying a new one. Otherwise, you could end up spending on diagnostic fees, and having to buy a new one at the end anyway. But maybe it's something the shop is familiar with, and it'd be a cheaper solution. Best of luck.

OP
OP
Devindc625

Devindc625

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
Well unless i get some better ideas aftermarket here i come lmao needed to upgrade the speakers anyways they are too quiet for the subs i have in now

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
it might have what they call a Pico fuse. Its a very small fuse that looks like a resistor. If you had a volt meter, you may be able to find it.

pico.PNG

OP
OP
Devindc625

Devindc625

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
it might have what they call a Pico fuse. Its a very small fuse that looks like a resistor. If you had a volt meter, you may be able to find it.

pico.PNG
Would it be inside the stock amp? Or elsewhere.....I ordered a used stock amp off of ebay. All is well again. But id still like to see if i can repair the amp. Ive had decent luck with electronic repairs before so we shall see. Thanks again

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Have no idea, just letting you know there are fuses in electronic components that don't look like traditional fuses. That's all I can tell you. You would have to take a meter and just start fishing around.
Sponsored