Sponsored

Financing a Mustang, has anyone done this?

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
I didn't expect this thread to blow up as much as it has lol. Thanks everyone for their own personal feedback, I appreciate all of it. Still not sure what I'm going to but also not leaning on one choice over the other. I'll wait a few a weeks and see what I want to do.

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
don't date horrible women, problem solved and partying hard is more of a waste of money than buying a car lol.
+1, don't like partying, women are headaches. Why have a girlfriend when you can have a car. PS I did have a girlfriend for a few years so I'm not just saying that based on no experience. 10/10 prefer car over girl ;)

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
:cool:
don't date horrible women, problem solved and partying hard is more of a waste of money than buying a car lol.
Lol how is that dating horrible women they still cost money your not gonna be a dick and not buy them nice gifts for christmas anniversary or their b-day yet drive around in a 35k car or atleast go out on a date every weekend i mean comeon at 19 your gonna wanna go out with your girl or your boys and either one will eat up 2 or 300 dollars a month

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
:cool:

Lol how is that dating horrible women they still cost money your not gonna be a dick and not buy them nice gifts for christmas anniversary or their b-day yet drive around in a 35k car or atleast go out on a date every weekend i mean comeon at 19 your gonna wanna go out with your girl or your boys and either one will eat up 2 or 300 dollars a month
Damn, I don't know what kind of life you guys have lived but I've had a job and even when I wasn't saving for a car a few years ago, I never dropped 200-300 dollars a month hanging out with anybody. Usually my buddies and I just go down to the local rink and play hockey all night, $10 haha

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
+1, don't like partying, women are headaches. Why have a girlfriend when you can have a car. PS I did have a girlfriend for a few years so I'm not just saying that based on no experience. 10/10 prefer car over girl ;)
And i agree to some extent with the women over cars but when you find a good one you hold on to them and the partying your young when i was 19 i wasent into it so mucb turned 21 and went nuts lol now i dont really party but even chilling with the boys having a few drinks or going on a road trip dont deprive urself of the stress free years over a car if you get a better job do it in your shoes even with loaded parents i wouldnt do it unless im taking home atleast 1600 a month when i was 18 my dads company was booming i could have gotten him to sign a gt500 and would have gotten a 0% apr being he had a fleet account with ford he didint wanna sign it you know why his wise words i want you to be able to pay your car go to school and still have money to put away and go out have a good time etc i think most of us are trying to pass similiar words to you because you dont seem like a spoiled prick but it seems like your minds made up go buy the car and enjoy it

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
Damn, I don't know what kind of life you guys have lived but I've had a job and even when I wasn't saving for a car a few years ago, I never dropped 200-300 dollars a month hanging out with anybody. Usually my buddies and I just go down to the local rink and play hockey all night, $10 haha
Damn in miami you cant even get into a bowling alley for less than 30 bucks a head lol

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
And i agree to some extent with the women over cars but when you find a good one you hold on to them and the partying your young when i was 19 i wasent into it so mucb turned 21 and went nuts lol now i dont really party but even chilling with the boys having a few drinks or going on a road trip dont deprive urself of the stress free years over a car if you get a better job do it in your shoes even with loaded parents i wouldnt do it unless im taking home atleast 1600 a month when i was 18 my dads company was booming i could have gotten him to sign a gt500 and would have gotten a 0% apr being he had a fleet account with ford he didint wanna sign it you know why his wise words i want you to be able to pay your car go to school and still have money to put away and go out have a good time etc i think most of us are trying to pass similiar words to you because you dont seem like a spoiled prick but it seems like your minds made up go buy the car and enjoy it
Man, everyone gives their 2 cents and says but your minds made up. My mind isn't made up and I've said that at least 10 times. I'm listening to everyones advice and putting myself in their shoes thinking about that for me. I don't know if I'm going to get the car at all, or maybe I'll get an Ecoboost. I'm not sure yet but that's why I came here to ask

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
im still thinking an ecoboost might be a better choice, less money up front, spend money later on parts to get it going even faster.

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
im still thinking an ecoboost might be a better choice, less money up front, spend money later on parts to get it going even faster.
Yeah I really like that idea too... Gonna start looking around for some.

ktapia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You'll be fine. I say go for it! Like many other people here have mentioned you only live once. I think that as long as you're willing to put the work in DO IT.
Good luck!

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
You'll be fine. I say go for it! Like many other people here have mentioned you only live once. I think that as long as you're willing to put the work in DO IT.
Good luck!
Thank you!

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Something else to consider is maintenance. Cost of tires, oil and filters, brake pads etc. pretty much dissolves that "extra" money you have each month. $800-$900 a month isn't going to cover the car payment, plus gas, food and maintenance. Not to mention if you decide to move out and have to pay your own insurance, it's going to sky rocket. This car takes 7 quarts of synthetic oil plus filter. That's basically $65-$75 just to change your oil, not to mention over $1k in tires when that time comes and it will come fast on summer tires if you're getting the PP. Sorry man, this is a stupid idea. Save your down payment, get a cheaper fun car and use that money for a down payment on a house later on.
Sponsored