Sponsored

Fake engine noise came back on its own ?

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
Hey guys, so about 4 years ago i had the audio system done on my 2016 Ecoboost, it was done together with a professional installer (who used the wiring diagrams from the sticky in this forum) but I helped him use Forscan to disable the Active Noise Cancellation and Engine Sound Symposer since we were getting wierd noises from the speakers and the bass was very inconsistent when driving on and off throttle. My car has SYNC 2 and i have the rear Mic disconnected as well.
Im running 2x 12 subs via a 1000W mono, a fully active 3 way front speakers via a separate DSP amp.

About a few months ago, possibly after the car went to the dealership to have the plastic cam cover replaced for a leak, i noticed i was hearing a loud wooshing sound on throttle, my car has a turbo upgrade (NX2) and you could always hear some of the wooshing sound through the AC vents on acceleration but now i was hearing it through the drivers side door !

So wondering if it was coming through the speakers, i disconnected them, and i could still hear the wooshing sound, just a bit quieter. Connect the speakers back its louder and you hear a kind of loud static coming from the speakers at higher RPMs (4000+ RPM but only when in gear, in neutral it doesnt do it).

What on earth is going on here ? It doesnt seem to be the same fake engine sound stuff i disabled all that time ago. I no longer have an OBD MX or forscan so im going to have to buy a new OBD forscan reader to check if everything is still disabled.

Is it possible it somehow got reenabled via a software update at the dealership ? Whats the source of this sound ? And what should my plan be to clean up the audio signal completely ?
Sponsored

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
There is a chance that they reset the file to your car's asbuilt, although I would think the sound would be more obvious.

This:

" Connect the speakers back its louder and you hear a kind of loud static coming from the speakers at higher RPMs (4000+ RPM but only when in gear, in neutral it doesnt do it). "

Seems more like some shielding was removed and it is picking up interference from something rotating.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If I'm understanding the situation:

- Sync 2, w/stereo installation and mods
- Turbo upgrade. Tuned?
- Recent Dealer work
- Do not have access to OBDii or FORScan

Bullet four. I'd start there. Find someone with access or buy the access.

I'd walk things back and re-check your previous electronic and software baselines and confirm they are the same, before going into the physical.

There's a chance the dealer defaulted some software, as part of a Body Control Module or Powertrain Control Module update/recall or t-shooting process. Even though your issue did not directly involve software, they sometimes baseline it anyway.

Once I've confirmed my previous settings, I'd begin considering other items which could cause the issue.
Sponsored

Last edited: