wireless

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
A part of me wants an Ecoboost only group... since all of you fancy GT'ers are gonna talk down to us eventually ;)

I kind of like DFW S550 or NTX S550 or something
I'm not sure who would search for that though...
Sponsored

jabcnn47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rangersports.net
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1532382243706466/?fref=ts

There you go. I built it and am willing to be the head admin as long as I have help if it takes off.
Go ahead and join it if interested and I'll add you as friends and so on. It's a busy time, so please be patient and don't expect a ton overnight, and also do contribute with things you want to see in it as it rolls out.

Hope the name is ok with everyone.

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1532382243706466/?fref=ts

There you go. I built it and am willing to be the head admin as long as I have help if it takes off.
Go ahead and join it if interested and I'll add you as friends and so on. It's a busy time, so please be patient and don't expect a ton overnight, and also do contribute with things you want to see in it as it rolls out.

Hope the name is ok with everyone.
the only problem i see with the name is that there is already a north texas mustang

jabcnn47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rangersports.net
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Well, I was specific on the gen (as requested) and didn't put club and added owners ... hopefully that differentiates it. I have zero issue with changing the name later on to something everyone likes or whatever is a consensus once we populate the group.

OP
OP
wireless

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I think we also need to think about stuff that will be inevitable in the future. Stuff such as:

New people with the cars searching
Vinyl decals
People LOOKING at these vinyl decals and knowing what to search (other s550 owners, for example)

I think the current name is too long. I'd like it to be a local group where we can do stuff such as organize meets, talk mods, organize events or mod days etc. :eek:

Sponsored

jabcnn47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rangersports.net
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I think we also need to think about stuff that will be inevitable in the future. Stuff such as:

New people with the cars searching
Vinyl decals
People LOOKING at these vinyl decals and knowing what to search (other s550 owners, for example)

I think the current name is too long. I'd like it to be a local group where we can do stuff such as organize meets, talk mods, organize events or mod days etc. :eek:
Absolutely ... all of that sounds reasonable. Like I said earlier, the name I gave it should work for now but it is by no means set in stone. We can change it to whatever makes sense after we get some members. In a way, getting to contribute to the name and description, etc can even be thought of as a perk of being one of the first to join up.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Shouldn't this be a public group? And we likely need more than one Admin.

OP
OP
wireless

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Shouldn't this be a public group? And we likely need more than one Admin.
Agreed. I've requested to join twice but haven't gotten approval yet. *shrug*

I'll start one soon if nothing makes headway because I'd like to get this going forwards. :)

jabcnn47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rangersports.net
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The group being public has no bearing on members needing to be approved, and from the beginning it was set to where any member could approve membership requests.

I have checked multiple times a day and approved all requests as they appear on FB.

I thought closed was the best setting as it can be seen/found by anyone but people had to join to view content or posts (once we have some), but if you guys want it public ... done.

It was clear from the start there would need to be other admins - volunteer over there if you want to be added as an admin.

If you plan to join and have not yet, please do soon, we only have a small number right now. If you want to start adding content, please do. If you are here, but have had trouble joining for some reason (like I said, if the request showed up, it was approved) message me on here and let me or search for me by email ([email protected]) and add me on FB and tell me there then I'll put you in the group manually.

Any other thoughts?

OP
OP
wireless

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I actually prefer how it was initially, with posts being hidden unless a member. I meant regarding admins -- we'll likely need a few, but no huge rush on anything, as we barely have any members haha

Sponsored
OP
OP
wireless

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the admin rights, Jaime! I've set up a few tags, etc and changed it to a "Closed" group as it was originally, where any member can add others.

Everyone please join -- we can brainstorm names over there as well. I'm personally a fan of DFW S550 Mustangs, or something similar.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Thank you for the admin rights, Jaime! I've set up a few tags, etc and changed it to a "Closed" group as it was originally, where any member can add others.

Everyone please join -- we can brainstorm names over there as well. I'm personally a fan of DFW S550 Mustangs, or something similar.
Closed groups historically don't flourish. I still don't think it should be closed. It won't go anywhere as a closed group, because when it shows up in search people will be hesitant to join if they don't know what they're joining.

OP
OP
wireless

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
but public groups consistently have spam, etc. lol

They'll know what they're joining later on, I hope! They'll hear about X group, someone will recommend it, word of mouth, etc.

I personally rarely scroll through a group before I join. We can always make it public & then revert it to closed later on though. :)

jabcnn47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rangersports.net
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I am neutral as far as the public/closed.
As far as name, I don't like DFW and prefer using the N. TX descriptor as it grabs a larger area. We have one Wichita Falls guy and myself out of our current 5 that really don't fit as DFW.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

Alright, please, please make me an admin. lol
Sponsored