• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Emergency Brake Sticking?

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
Noticed yesterday morning upon firing my Dark Horse up, I couldn’t move Thought I forgot to release EM brake and did again, and I was still stuck. I let clutch out a little more and gassed it, and bam it took off. But, clearly unsafe and messed up, especially while in my garage.

No issues the rest of the day, until this morning and I had the same situation in my garage.

Anyone else experience this, ever??
Sponsored

dbroush7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium Performance
The same exact thing happened to me once a few weeks ago. However, it only happened because I washed the car in my driveway, and then I backed it right into my garage. I had set my parking brake. I believe that the parking brake, which uses a separate electro-mechanical caliper, corroded slightly while sitting there and drying out in the garage. I now believe that if you get it wet and then apply it and then park it and it dries that way, it may hang up. At least that was my experience, so, going forward, I will be careful to ensure it's dry or that it gets actuated while it's drying.

OP
OP
topdawg4ever

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
Bingo!! In both situations, I had washed the wheels and parked the car.
I suspected it, but was surprised.
Appreciate the response.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Bingo!! In both situations, I had washed the wheels and parked the car.
I suspected it, but was surprised.
Appreciate the response.
Yeah, these rotors rust really fast. My f150 doesn't rust like these. I drive my car around the block and hit the brakes a few times after I wash it.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Noticed yesterday morning upon firing my Dark Horse up, I couldn’t move Thought I forgot to release EM brake and did again, and I was still stuck. I let clutch out a little more and gassed it, and bam it took off. But, clearly unsafe and messed up, especially while in my garage.

No issues the rest of the day, until this morning and I had the same situation in my garage.

Anyone else experience this, ever??
Had it happen, took it in for service and nothing found. Few weeks later the message "parking brake limited function" showed up then went away that was last Thursday. Scheduled service for tomorrow. The message showed up again (once) over the weekend. My issues are not related to wash jobs.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Had it happen, took it in for service and nothing found. Few weeks later the message "parking brake limited function" showed up then went away that was last Thursday. Scheduled service for tomorrow. The message showed up again (once) over the weekend. My issues are not related to wash jobs.
picked it up tonight, communication errors, charged battery and cleared codes.
Sponsored