Elon Musk to buy Twitter--take private--WOW! [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS]

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Not everything has to be one sided. I sit in the middle in politics, and see some things good and bad on both sides. One constant is that people who lean too far Left or too far Right seem like wack jobs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not everything has to be one sided. I sit in the middle in politics, and see some things good and bad on both sides. One constant is that people who lean too far Left or too far Right seem like wack jobs.
I'm with you but in today's political climate no one wants to budge from "their" opinions. I highlight their because most folks are just lemmings, repeating what the hear on the news or social media. I always preference my comments with "both sides" but that always seems to get lost in translation. But as they say, live and let live.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
See I don’t care what left or right says, but do not delete my opinions and thoughts because it doesn’t align with your beliefs or values. Do the same for me, I do same for you.

I think a problem is, people and this cancel rhetoric that if they don’t agree with something they can try and shut or down.

I’d rather 100% open non moderated content and filter through stuff I don’t like. Than have most of it deleted because people don’t like what it says or stands for.

People need to have personal accountability, misinformation is only affected to dumb people. If they read a meme and don’t go fact check and vote according to that.

well that’s their problem for not being smarter. It’s the internet, half of its fake. But it’s their right to put whatever we want out there.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It’s pretty funny reading this sub. My rights this. My rights that. You don’t have rights. You have privileges. You are a renter.

The rich and powerful have rights. Now get back to work slaves. The machine needs to be fed more of your labor.
1651177677627.png

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I'm with you but in today's political climate no one wants to budge from "their" opinions. I highlight their because most folks are just lemmings, repeating what the hear on the news or social media. I always preference my comments with "both sides" but that always seems to get lost in translation. But as they say, live and let live.
I have plenty of opinions ive moved away from once someone informs/informed me of a better option, or once I was mature/old enough to realize I was wrong.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Thread arguments are entertaining… it is often times fun to sit back and listen to to opinionated bloviating bullshit that emanate from the jowls of others.

No one in particular… just a general sociological observance Of human nature.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Thread arguments are entertaining… it is often times fun to sit back and listen to to opinionated bloviating bullshit that emanate from the jowls of others.

No one in particular… just a general sociological observance Of human nature.
Great contribution to the thread.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; A question or few for those who understand twitter. First, I sort of know what it means to have a follower. I think it means someone deicides to see whatever a person posts. It apparently means something to have a lot of followers. (Note -if follower is not the term, then use whatever term fits.)

So since EM bought Twitter some TV celebs are saying they suddenly have many new followers. First question= Is this because the staff at Twitter are ceasing to block or otherwise restrict people?

A mention has been of the new followers being bots. Also EM has stated he wants to find out who are real people and who are bots. By bots are they talking about computer programs that pretend to be real people? Also, what is the purpose of a bot?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Elon... certain person really relates to him... guy who likes to live in a trailer, smoke weed, and drive fast cars.

Far as free speech... it depends on how you look at it. Like the complaints about the moderation of this forum. For me it works... people can mostly say what they want.. only time it is moderated is when certain people take it too far. Normally those who can't control themselves (emotions, etc.) and conduct themselves as intelligent humans.

Even then they are mostly booted out of threads and not banned. You don't like it here, sure there are 100s of other forums that you will like. And no, your stupid opinion does not need to be heard on every forum on the internet. Same as mine.

Places like twitter and other places like forums have their place for certain people. It is almost like some people want every place to be "their place". Bend to their wants and needs. Crying all over the place when they don't get their way. Ridiculous.

Twitter? I don't use it as I consider it a waste of time, but I know a lot of people who do... I don't knock it.

But I do think unregulated (aka "moderated") internet will harm free speech vs. let it free. We have seen that time and time again. The retards seem to have endless amounts of time to disrupt threads/posts, etc. Very hard to have a conversation with some people around... they only want to burn and destroy. Drowning out people who work and don't have 8 hours a day to reply to their endless negative engagements, circlisms, etc.

I don't see a reason all can't exist... places not moderated and some moderated like you wish. That is mainly what we have on the internet now... and it seems to work okay. You can find what you want... but maybe not where you want it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Places like twitter and other places like forums have their place for certain people. It is almost like some people want every place to be "their place". Bend to their wants and needs. Crying all over the place when they don't get their way. Ridiculous.

Kind of like that entire post of yours, eh? Nice punitive, racist comment to start off your post also, very nice.

My position, and most others with any sort of objective mind, is go ahead and voice your opinion. Nothing wrong with that at all. Be prepared to illustrate why you believe in whatever you believe in with some facts when/where appropriate.

Often times lefties only want to pick up their ball and go home. No conversation, no reasons why. Only cancel. Cry, cry, cry some more.

Strange times we are living in. November is going to be a real eye opener for sure.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Often times lefties only want to pick up their ball and go home. No conversation, no reasons why. Only cancel. Cry, cry, cry some more.
Often times Righties only want to pick up their ball and go home. No conversation, no reasons why. Only cancel. Cry, cry, cry some more.

Fixed it for you. Seriously though, as a moderate independent I think the extremes on both sides are nuts. :crazy:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Far as free speech... it depends on how you look at it. Like the complaints about the moderation of this forum. For me it works... people can mostly say what they want.. only time it is moderated is when certain people take it too far. Normally those who can't control themselves (emotions, etc.) and conduct themselves as intelligent humans.

Even then they are mostly booted out of threads and not banned. You don't like it here, sure there are 100s of other forums that you will like. And no, your stupid opinion does not need to be heard on every forum on the internet. Same as mine.
Hello; Have you been blocked off a thread on this site?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Hello; Have you been blocked off a thread on this site?
Goodbye; Not that I'm aware. Although, if I have something negative to say I normally say it and move on... I don't engage people in endless conversations/arguments. Which is why I don't normally respond to your posts and some others. If I say something to you and follow it up, we could go all weekend... and mods tend to hate that. Plus, frankly, I don't have the time.

It is like the joke earlier about the trailer, weed, etc... Ask Chris Rock, everyone gets triggered over jokes these days. But did I engage when someone decided to attack? No.... no need. I proudly lived in a trailer at one point in my life. LOL

Oh, and to answer your question about bots: They are fake accounts... a program to perform repetitive tasks over and over. In the case of Twitter, they spread crypto spam/scams, dating scams, etc. They can also pretend to be the person who the person is following and attempt to scam them.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Often times Righties only want to pick up their ball and go home. No conversation, no reasons why. Only cancel. Cry, cry, cry some more.

Fixed it for you. Seriously though, as a moderate independent I think the extremes on both sides are nuts. :crazy:
Not an accurate statement whatsoever. They are not in power and, further, have never been interested in cancelling anyone. Same cant be said for the left.

.. I don't engage people in endless conversations/arguments. Which is why I don't normally respond to your posts and some others.

Bahahahaha. My point exactly. Thanks for the written proof. Dont forget your ball as you walk home kicking a soda can.

I also like the backpedal on the punitive, racist attack on 1/2 of the Country.
Sponsored