kevinAlavi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello everyone,

I installed Eibach Sportline on my 17 GT Convertible and since the installation was over I am experiencing noise on the front passenger spring. I searched throughout the forum and tried all of the recommendation such as tightening the strut bolt to reclocking and the endlink. Non of the remedies worked and I took the car to 2 different shops and they assembled it again but no luck either. Last shop even changed my strut mount and bushing and didn't fix either.
The noise comes all the time on the speeds below 40 and speed bumps or like the video I took when moving the car. It sounds like popping. Also, when I turn in low speeds I am experiencing the same problem. The driver side on the other hand does not have the same issue but occasionally makes the popping noise but nothing as bad as the passenger side. Hope you guys can guide me to fix it.

Sponsored

adamau5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550 ingot silver
There was a bad batch of sportline front springs. Worth having a good Google around and checking the code. Similar symptoms.to.as you describe

OP
OP

kevinAlavi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
There was a bad batch of sportline front springs. Worth having a good Google around and checking the code. Similar symptoms.to.as you describe
Could you refer to the link? I couldn't come across it. I called American Muscle and they told me unless there is a shop letter, they wouldn't send another set. Do you know if Eibach has the same policy?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Can you take off the wheel and take couple nice quality pictures so we can help you out more. take a picture of the top hat under the hood and also the strut bolts /nuts that connects to the spindle and complete detail pictures of the struts/spring assembly.

S550_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just picked up a set of Sportlines 2 weeks ago and am having the same issue! Sounds like rubber binding during driving over speed bumps or inclined driveways. I've even replaced both front strut mounts with NEW ones. Are you suppose to mark the alignment of the strut before you take them out? Might it be the Eibach bump stops rubbing?? I've read a few forums stating these may need to be trimmed...???

IDK...very frustrating!! I'm ready to yank these out and go a different rout

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had my Sportlines, Koni's and Maximum Motorsport caster/camber plate installed at a speed shop and no problems at all.

OP
OP

kevinAlavi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
So here is just an update. SO I called Eibach and they've been extremely helpful. They told me that might be a part of a bad batch and they sent me new springs free of charge. I will change them this coming week and update you guys with the processes.
P.S the noise in my case is purely from the spring and not rubbing.

S550_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hopefully that's the issue! I have an RMA return started thru LMR. I went ahead and ordered the Steeda Liner springs..Cross our fingers!

S550_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Issue SOLVED...! Replaced with new Steeda and the noises are GONE. Man the noises were driving me NUTZ!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Happy you were able to get it resolved - please let us know if we can help you out in the near future.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP

kevinAlavi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:
my issue got resolved by swapping the springs with the new ones Eibach sent as free warranty replacement. No more noise here
Sponsored