Eibach 15 mm spacers

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Anyone running these Eibach 15 mm spacers?

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/ES90-6-15-056-2015-Mustang-15mm-Pro-Spacer-System.html

I'm considering them to poke my front wheels/tires out a bit. 15 mm should give me a little over 9/16" which I think will be about right.

If you are using them, did you have to trim the length of the OEM studs so the OEM studs are flush or below flush with the face of the spacers?

Since we're only talking about 9/16" width for the spacers, I'm assuming the OEM studs are longer than that. And that the OEM studs with the lug nuts need to sit "inside" the holes in the spacers, and therefore the OEM studs need to be trimmed.

A little more info:

The car is lowered on Steeda's progressive springs.

My front wheels are Velgen VMB7s - 9.5" x 20". The tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 275/35/20s.

I checked with Velgen and they're telling me these spacers should work just fine with my set up.

But I'm not too keen on having to trim the length of the OEM studs. I wonder if I went with thicker spacers - say 20 mm - could I avoid having to trim the OEM studs?

Thanks in advance for ya'll's thoughts. :cheers:
Sponsored

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
The link you provided actually shows pics for 2 different style of spacers, one that bolts onto the hub directly then has the wheel bolted to it on a 2nd set of lugs (this is sometimes called an adapter rather than a spacer), the other style that simply slides on the lugs and is sandwiched between the wheel and hub using only the original lugs.

You need to find out which style it is that you'd be getting however I believe 15mm is too thin to be the adapter/bolt-on style and it likely just slides on, the caveat being your lugs must be long enough for the nuts to fully engaged the threads with the spacer in place or you risk the nuts popping off and losing the wheel while driving.

If these are the bolt-on adapters I'd say you most likely will have to cut quite a bit off your lugs to get the wheel to sit flush, I went through that with 1" adapters on a Ranger and had to cut nearly 1/4" off the lugs.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
The link you provided actually shows pics for 2 different style of spacers, one that bolts onto the hub directly then has the wheel bolted to it on a 2nd set of lugs (this is sometimes called an adapter rather than a spacer), the other style that simply slides on the lugs and is sandwiched between the wheel and hub using only the original lugs.

You need to find out which style it is that you'd be getting however I believe 15mm is too thin to be the adapter/bolt-on style and it likely just slides on, the caveat being your lugs must be long enough for the nuts to fully engaged the threads with the spacer in place or you risk the nuts popping off and losing the wheel while driving.

If these are the bolt-on adapters I'd say you most likely will have to cut quite a bit off your lugs to get the wheel to sit flush, I went through that with 1" adapters on a Ranger and had to cut nearly 1/4" off the lugs.
Thanks, Rick. It's my intention to get hub centric spacers that bolt on to the hub.

I'm hoping that my Velgen wheels have deep enough cut outs in the back that will swallow the ends of OEM studs that stick past the face of the spacers. I've got an e-mail into Velgen to make sure they do. I don't want to have to trim the OEM studs to make this work. :cheers:

Joebroni

Frac E-Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 50th
AFAIK, 20mm is the thinnest spacer that can be bolted on. Anything less requires extended lugs. I didn't run the Eibach set, but I did get the H&R 15mm spacer set (3065704SW) and they included extended lugs.
Sponsored