OP
Cmoney Boostang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I just bought this same intercooler for my car how did you mount the intercooler? I am still waiting on it in the mail but I cant tell from the pictures if there are mounting tabs on the intercooler or if you have to make something yourself. Please help!!!
No there are no mounting tabs ,but it was super easy to mount i just drilled into the very top of the intercooler no air passes there, and then used a straight plate to mout it to the bumper support. The lower bracket for the stock intercooler will work to support the ebay intercooler from the bottom.( i dont remember if i flip it over or switched it left to right).
Also it doesnt have the hole for the sensor like in the stock intercooler so you are going to have to drill for that too.
Btw i have 0 issues and it works perfect.
20160911_091510-1280x960.jpg
20160911_121222-1024x1365.jpg
20160911_091501-1280x960.jpg
Sponsored

SVODNA15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
sounds great off hand do you remember what size screws you used I don't want to screw down to far into the intercooler and also I have almost an identical mod list as you do and I have not installed my unleashed tune but will be in a couple days. what kind of power should I expect?

OP
OP
Cmoney Boostang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
sounds great off hand do you remember what size screws you used I don't want to screw down to far into the intercooler and also I have almost an identical mod list as you do and I have not installed my unleashed tune but will be in a couple days. what kind of power should I expect?
Dnt remember what size but you will be able to see from the top to the first core. I havent dynoed so im not sure.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Can't really dyno an intercooler. Best bet is to dyno your car at optimum temperature as is. An intercooler will allow you to see those numbers more consistently. Its not a power adder, its more of a power-loss prevention mod.

SVODNA15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
PRG3K I was not asking about the power after the intercooler I was asking what whp and wtq he has with the tune and all mods he has cause I have almost the same mods now and will be adding my unleashed tune in a couple days.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
PRG3K I was not asking about the power after the intercooler I was asking what whp and wtq he has with the tune and all mods he has cause I have almost the same mods now and will be adding my unleashed tune in a couple days.
Ah

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
FYI, make sure the intercooler is not resting up against the A/C condenser.... the space i left between the two tightened up after almost a year and rubbed a tiny hole in my A/C condenser. I am changing it out myself (certified a/c tech) seeing how i goofed by not attaching spacers.

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
If you plan on drilling holes in the top of the intercooler and bumper support beam and mounting it with top and bottom brackets than you should not have to use spacers. But if you don't want to drill holes in your nice new intercooler just use a strip of rubber (top and bottom) or something that stays put and keeps the intercooler away from the condenser.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost