Gandalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faris
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So Ford Performance confirmed today that the ride is on a train, port bound, somewhere around New Jersey.

Does anyone on here have experiance, on how long the port handling times look like in the US.
I know it might be different every time, but just interested on average time it takes to load the car on the ship.

Just to give you the whole picture, that GT was: Ordered on 13.Dec.18. VIN on 19.Feb.19. Produced on 9.April.19.
Black GT, Magneride, A10, active exhaust, digital cluster, showstopper recaros, B&O

Allready arrived: :)
20x10 & 20x11,5 + Michelin PS4s
GT350 -20mm FordPerformance springs
93D24721-84BA-4F7A-9A50-E3361B930335.jpeg
D449D0C7-4C08-43DF-B157-5A6FBBE1335E.jpeg
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
It depends on whether la cosa nostra or the American Mafia has received adequate compensation to ensure efficient movement of shipments at the NJ ports.

Last edited:

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
I would like to know anything about handling times as as well. I know that Mine entered NJ port facilities by April 9 but since then onwards, I have no visibility about when the Port prepration company for export operations had the Pony ready to be shipped, and therefore, in which vessel has been loaded.

However, note that from actual blending date until the Pony hits NJ Port facilities, takes somewhere between fifteen and twenty days by rail. Then, I would say that cars are sitting there at least for an additional week before they are loaded onto a vessel. So, it is quite possibe that your Pony is still parked somewhere in NJ waiting for the "Iguazu Highway", which is the next scheduled vehicles carrier bringing the Ponies to EU.

Departure scheduled by May 21

http://www.klineglobalroro.com/schedules/1-1_europe-trans_atlantic_schedule.pdf

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Wow, BMW had this process so much more tied down when I ordered my cars from them. BMW gave you enough information to find exactly where it was from the factory to the port at every step along the way, as well as the ability to determine which ship it was on. Once offloaded, you could see when it was moved through the US prep center, and then sent via truck to the dealer.

Watching the process in reverse for overseas Ford customers is just painful.

OP
OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faris
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I see you've done you're reseach! :)
Same here.

Have some experiance with internatioinal shipping, and we tended to have our goods in the port max. 7 to 14 days prior to shipping, with a free detention period from the shipping company.
I have no idea how ith works with cars and the RORO method of their shipment but decided to consider that on average it should be similar to avoid any additional costs.

So the car was dropped off by rail to Newark Port on the 23rd of April, (Blend date was first week of April) and if it stayed there for 14 days, it might have caught the "K-line Drive Green Highway' bound for Germany and Belgium.
Its ETA in the E.U. would be by the end of May.

Unfortunatelly i am not able to confirm any of this, since two of the shipping companies checked via VIN and say that they're not carrying my ride.
Ford Performance nor does my dealer have any info about these details.
They basically just see the updates in their system, where the car checks in. So now its cheked into Newark, once its offloaded in Bremberhaven or Zeebrugge, them it will popup there.

Anyway, im staying positive.Thus far no steering wheel gate, or MagneRide shortages ... or even no broken trains. ;)
Taking a long a** time, but all good so far.

Sponsored

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Hi Gandalf,

I think mine is also on the "Drive Green Highway". It arrived to FAEPS, Newark, on April 9 and in spite that only two days later, the "Polaris Highway" departed from there fully loaded of Ponies, I think that two days only seems actuallly too short to prepare everything which is needed as to load it onto a ship, taking into account the vast number of cars they have to arrange and move from here to there on the docks and the time requested for loading operations.

Anyway, what is your specific estimated time of arrival according to dealer? Usually, deliveries to Europe are taking about 90 days from blending date until they hit the local Ford store.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Wow, BMW had this process so much more tied down when I ordered my cars from them. BMW gave you enough information to find exactly where it was from the factory to the port at every step along the way, as well as the ability to determine which ship it was on. Once offloaded, you could see when it was moved through the US prep center, and then sent via truck to the dealer.

Watching the process in reverse for overseas Ford customers is just painful.
Almost excruciating...yuk!

OP
OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faris
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Gandalf,

I think mine is also on the "Drive Green Highway". It arrived to FAEPS, Newark, on April 9 and in spite that only two days later, the "Polaris Highway" departed from there fully loaded of Ponies, I think that two days only seems actuallly too short to prepare everything which is needed as to load it onto a ship, taking into account the vast number of cars they have to arrange and move from here to there on the docks and the time requested for loading operations.

Anyway, what is your specific estimated time of arrival according to dealer? Usually, deliveries to Europe are taking about 90 days from blending date until they hit the local Ford store.
I think you’re absolutely right. 2 days is probably way too short to go through paperwork and the actual loading.

The order says that it will be here before the end of June. Dealer says that it should be earlier. If it caught the boat on the 11 od May, it should be here by end of 1st week of June.
No way of telling right now, but im not stressing too much over it. A bit, but not too much! ;P

Zooks, detailed tracking (like with BMW, or Ford with domestic cars) definatelly would be much more interesting, rather than searching for information on our own.

OP
OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faris
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT
Vehicle Showcase

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
I know!! I think she' s there for sure, Hope at this time is has been unloaded, let's see if Dealer gives good news within a few days (three weeks or so)...!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faris
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT
Vehicle Showcase
@garbancillo
Just go an e.mail from my dealer that my GT is in the Port in Belgium, being processed by customs.
How about you? In your ride was unloaded in Barcelona you should possibly have the info by now.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Morning, Gandalf! Still awaiting news from my dealer...! Last time I spoke with him, arrival was scheduled by June 8. I am trying to bite myself not to call him once again....Let's see if I am able to refrain from that throughout the course of the day....!

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
@Gandalf, Odd news for me! I confirm Spain-bound Mustangs are unloaded also in Zeebrugge, not in Barcelona. I spoke to the dealer and the latest VISTA status is Zeebrugge "compound in". Terrible...!

ETA has moved forward on entire month, to end of June... ! Terrible!

OP
OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faris
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT
Vehicle Showcase
@garbancillo Spoke to my dealer today. Ride went trough customs 28 May to 3 June.
It was collected on 3 June, and has arrived in Poland today 6 June.
It will make 1 more stop at the main importers yard and should be delivered to my dealer by tuesday 11 June.

Yours has a longer trip to Spain, but i dont understand how the formalities and spedition would take a month! Terrible.
Makes no sense to me how they could go about their business this way.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Congratulations my friend! You will be riding your Pony just in a few days! I must recognize my envy, hahaha!!

From my personal perspective, the logistics management by Ford to bring the Ponies to Europe is frankly disgraceful. My ride was ordered on October 10, manufactured on March, entered the port of New Jersey on April 9 and arrived to Zeebrugge on May 29. One month and a half sitting on a Port compound waiting for a vessel...!

And more frustrating yet, I do not understand why those cars bound to Spain are not unloaded in Barcelona, where the Kline vessels make their fist stop after leaving US, instead of Zeebrugge.

And now, if things are kept the same as they were when importation of Mustangs began -I think so-, My ride has to be loaded onto another vessel to Santander (Spanish Northern coast) and from there, another two weeks or so by truck until it hits Madrid. And the best of all this is that dealers know anything about all this process.

The average waiting list since ordering is 9-10 months. And I know cases where it has been one entire year! Among many other reasons, I may understand why Ford sales in Spain have dropped dramatically...
Sponsored

Last edited: