Dynoing the ecoboost.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Went for a dyno. Had them run it in track mode. After the first pull the abs light came on and the hp was reduced severely on the second and third pull. Any way around this? Traction control was off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang & 2015 WRX STI
You did it correct. The reason for the HP loss is the stock intercooler is not efficient, so your car added fuel and pulled timing for the charge temps.

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
Went for a dyno. Had them run it in track mode. After the first pull the abs light came on and the hp was reduced severely on the second and third pull. Any way around this? Traction control was off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Open,

The ABS light coming on is normal as the car knows that it's front wheels are not spinning!

In regards to the power loss, that is most likely due to heat soak as these cars are notorious for it! An upgraded cooling system should definitely be on your mod list.

Hope this helps!

-Will

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
I pull the ABS fuse in the engine bay when we dyno any EBM at our shop. More than likely just letting the car error out is going to produce the same results, but I dyno our car a lot and it just makes it easier.

Sideways06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB
If you put the car in track mode and run it 1st through 3rd at around 25% throttle to get it up to speed the car will trigger the ABS error message eventually and return you to full power. This usually happens in 3rd gear around 2,500 RPM for me... from there I dyno the EB in 4th

If you try to make the run before the error message triggers I've found most of the time it just severely cuts power
Sponsored