Dynavin VS Idatalink Maestro MUS2 and Pioneer

gradybrooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grady
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 / 2018 Silverado
So, I'm looking at upgrading my base radio to an aftermarket head unit. I haven't heard great things about most tesla style head units, but I think Dynavin definitely has the better reviews.

Would you go with the Dynavin or the Idatalink Maestro MUS2 conversion kit with a Pioneer DMH-C2550NEX for about the same price?
I like this pioneer head unit because the screen is separate to the control module, yes, it's a bit more expensive than most head units but it works best with the kit, i guess. But i do think the Dynavin looks the best once everything is installed.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with either? What would make you pick one over the other?
Sponsored

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Pioneer for sure. I know a lot of people really like that Dynavin, but to me it’s just another cheap HU that does way to much and gets buggy. Pioneer is a way better name and brand. Also, look at the Alpine ILX 507 and some of the Kenwood stuff. There is a lot of really good stuff out there. I did the Alpine ILX 509 9” screen and I love it.

OP
OP

gradybrooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grady
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 / 2018 Silverado
The Pioneer for sure. I know a lot of people really like that Dynavin, but to me it’s just another cheap HU that does way to much and gets buggy. Pioneer is a way better name and brand. Also, look at the Alpine ILX 507 and some of the Kenwood stuff. There is a lot of really good stuff out there. I did the Alpine ILX 509 9” screen and I love it.
Thats kinda what I was thinking, at least I'm buying into name brand with the Pioneer, what kit did you use to mount your headunit?

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry MFT1…here what could suck for you though. When I did mine the MFT 1 was on back order, for months. I had everything I needed and it sat in my garge for probably almost 4 months before they became available again. If you really want to do this start looking around for one. If you see one buy it. Even if you don’t use it, they are easy to sell because they are always on BO

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_794KMFT1/iDatalink-KIT-MFT1-Black.html
Sponsored