Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Anyone recall what gear they were going our pulls in? 4th or 5th?
Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)

OutlawGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
GT-Trackpack
Just my opinion here, and I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers. I believe a lot of these numbers are very low. From what I've read, a stock S550 -5.0 should pull 385hp to 400hp from the factory. We had several stock 5.0's dyno'd on sunday, and the best one did 362hp? I'm no expert on dyno runs, but it does make me wonder. Maybe someone with more knowledge could answer that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Just my opinion here, and I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers. I believe a lot of these numbers are very low. From what I've read, a stock S550 -5.0 should pull 385hp to 400hp from the factory. We had several stock 5.0's dyno'd on sunday, and the best one did 362hp? I'm no expert on dyno runs, but it does make me wonder. Maybe someone with more knowledge could answer that.
We all know this. The Dyno at CCC is a Dynocom, which is about 10% more conservative than a Dynojet.

Sciencey part: Dynocom has a belt connecting the two rollers, providing a simulated load on the drive wheels, causing the conservative numbers. A Dynojet does not, allowing for more free-spinning of the rollers resulting in a higher number.

OutlawGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
GT-Trackpack
Ok, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, I guess I'll ask more questions next time.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Hey Matt I agree if you had a full tank of E85 our numbers would have almost been identical. The experts say don't get caught up in the numbers you put down on a dyno but it's hard not too haha. Now it's been mentioned by one of those "experts on the forums" that my engine is not performing to its fullest because my torque numbers were higher than my HP numbers OR the dyno is not performing as it should.

BLUF: I'll send some logs to Lund to see if there is in fact problems w/the Blue Stallion :cool:

Lucky # 7 410HP/409TQ.

Running almost the exact same mods as BluByeU. Lund E85, MBRP Street Catback, Airaid CAI. Had a 1/4 tank of unleaded mixed in with my E85 from the trip back From FFF last week so I think we would have been near identical with a full tank of E85.

Eventually I'm sure I'll end up getting a whipple. I had a Paxton on my 06 that was making 500hp and it's pretty addictive.:eyebulge:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
We all know this. The Dyno at CCC is a Dynocom, which is about 10% more conservative than a Dynojet.

Sciencey part: Dynocom has a belt connecting the two rollers, providing a simulated load on the drive wheels, causing the conservative numbers. A Dynojet does not, allowing for more free-spinning of the rollers resulting in a higher number.
Interesting. Learn something new every day. :shrug:

How would one get what one would consider "accurate" numbers? Is this possible?

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
How would one get what one would consider "accurate" numbers? Is this possible?
Different machines have specific calibrations to that dyno manufacturer, so the general answer to that would be no.

Its all pure bragging rights really, knowing what ones car can do especially for us DIY guys so we can see all our hard work pay off. Tracking the car or not, knowing how much power one puts down is petty awesome.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I'm the 4th line - E85-tune, CAI, Catback...definitely pleased with the torque. Contemplating LTHs for my next mod :shrug:
Have you considered MAK Cat deletes? They work just fine if you ask me lol!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I have man:headbonk: but I change my mind like every week what I wanna do re headers/cat deletes. Your #s were impressive as hell, you proved that they do work! This week I'm leaning toward JBA headers - damn good price when you compare them to the other name brand headers. I gotta do something because sooner or later I'm gonna run up on a cat delete/LTH Coyote and get my feelings huuuurt :frusty:
Have you considered MAK Cat deletes? They work just fine if you ask me lol!

Last edited:

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I have man ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ but I change my mind like every week what I wanna do re headers/cat deletes. Your #s were impressive as hell, you proved that they do work! This week I'm leaning toward JBA headers - damn good price when you compare them to the other name brand headers. I gotta do something because sooner or later I'm gonna run up on a cat delete/LTH Coyote and get my feelings huuuurt :frusty:
LOL :lol:, I went with MAK due to the installation being an easy DIY project if you have a welding machine and the price being a fraction of LT headers. I was able to do the work in about two hours. There is very little room to work under these cars and trying to fit my hands up in there to reach the bolts was not going to work. I'm happy with the results, can't go wrong with them.
Sponsored