Drama time

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Anyone recall what gear they were going our pulls in? 4th or 5th?

[MENTION=16625]Dirtyblueshirt[/MENTION] not sure what gear, but after I reviewed the Dyno sheet the other day they only took mine up to 6600 rpm so they backed off early as I had asked them to take it to redline at 7800 which is safe with the new Whipple tune. Most likely left off at least 50 Rwhp per Whipple. :doh:
Sponsored

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Different machines have specific calibrations to that dyno manufacturer, so the general answer to that would be no.

Its all pure bragging rights really, knowing what ones car can do especially for us DIY guys so we can see all our hard work pay off. Tracking the car or not, knowing how much power one puts down is petty awesome.

[MENTION=15109]rvlyssup[/MENTION] In a few weeks I'll be taking my car down to Church's Automotive Tuning where they have a Dynapack Chassis Dynamometer which hooks straight onto the rear axles for more of a true number. Should be interesting to see the differences.

http://churchautotesting.com/

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
[MENTION=16625]Dirtyblueshirt[/MENTION] not sure what gear, but after I reviewed the Dyno sheet the other day they only took mine up to 6600 rpm so they backed off early as I had asked them to take it to redline at 7800 which is safe with the new Whipple tune. Most likely left off at least 50 Rwhp per Whipple. :doh:
Dennis, good morning! I also saw that they took my car up to 6600 rpm even tho my red line is set to 7200 rpm. Maybe they didn't want to risk blowing anyone's car :shrug: As for the gear, in my video I was able to count them shifting into 5th gear. I suppose they.did the same with everyone's car.

RyanS550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GTPP
Those of us with a stock tune were probably ran in 4th gear because they can't get top speed of 5th gear due to the limiter.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
My red-line is set at 7600 :eyebulge: though I would not take it there with my current set-up. Well guess a few ponies were left on the dyno for most us with extended redlines...
Dennis, good morning! I also saw that they took my car up to 6600 rpm even tho my red line is set to 7200 rpm. Maybe they didn't want to risk blowing anyone's car :shrug: As for the gear, in my video I was able to count them shifting into 5th gear. I suppose they.did the same with everyone's car.

Sponsored

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
how do you guys with LTs pass smog?

OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™