Sponsored

Double charged by AmericanMuscle.com

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
My account was charged twice for a set of wheels, and despite being on hold for 20 minutes they were not able to do anything. They also said it could take 3-4 weeks before I even see a refund on it. They wont even allow me to refuse one of the shipments and told me I have to accept them and ship them back myself.

EDIT: This has been resolved.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Why you simply don't want to initiate charge back with your bank or Paypal dispute?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Why you simply don't want to initiate charge back with your bank or Paypal dispute?
Yeah, thats what Im doing, but the last thing I need is for AM to refuse a return because I stopped payment on one of the sets.

They even told me I cant refuse the shipment and I have to ship them back myself.

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Yeah, thats what Im doing, but the last thing I need is for AM to refuse a return because I stopped payment on one of the sets.

They even told me I cant refuse the shipment and I have to ship them back myself.
So in other words for whatever reason happened (you clicked twice or their system processed the order incorrectly) you did pay twice and you are getting 2 sets of whatever you did purchase there?

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Have you sent a PM to one of the AM reps on this forum? Give them a chance to get you taken care of

Nick C.
George - PM Alex. He will get this shit straight ASAP.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Their customer service is horrible. My account was charged twice for a set of wheels, and despite being on hold for 20 minutes they were not able to do anything. They also said it could take 3-4 weeks before I even see a refund on it. They wont even allow me to refuse one of the shipments and told me I have to accept them and ship them back myself.

If you plan on buying wheels, do it elsewhere because if theres a problem they already got their money and wont be of much help after the fact.

Hey - I'm not sure what occurred here but please drop me a line with your order number and this is fixed today.

Alex

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
PM Sent.

Ive ordered through AM before. The first time I went to go purchase the wheels, it had me relogin at the end. I double checked paypal before going through the process, and there were no transactions. Woke up this morning. I see 10 packages being shipped to me half being duplicates and two charges on my bank account totallying 8 wheels and 8 TPMS sensors. Called in, and was told theres nothing that can be done, and I have to go ship the wheels back myself and it could take 3-4 weeks for the department to even process my return.

Paypal acknowledges the duplicate order and will cover me if American Muscle cant help.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
PM Sent.

Ive ordered through AM before. The first time I went to go purchase the wheels, it had me relogin at the end. I double checked paypal before going through the process, and there were no transactions. Woke up this morning. I see 10 packages being shipped to me half being duplicates and two charges on my bank account totallying 8 wheels and 8 TPMS sensors. Called in, and was told theres nothing that can be done, and I have to go ship the wheels back myself.

Paypal acknowledges the duplicate order and will cover me if American Muscle cant help.

I just looked at the orders here and can see that both we're made about 6 minutes apart.

I'm going to have one order stopped in its tracks and brought back to us free of charge and once they're delivered back to us we'll have a refund set up immediately.

My apologies about the trouble but let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I just looked at the orders here and can see that both we're made about 6 minutes apart.

I'm going to have one order stopped in its tracks and brought back to us free of charge and once they're delivered back to us we'll have a refund set up immediately.

My apologies about the trouble but let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

Thank you, will this reflect on the main shipping number that I recieved? Because it shows 10 separate tracking numbers (im assuming for 8 wheels and two sets of TPMS). Since it will be schedule for delivery tomorrow, I just want to make sure if it is okay to refuse delivery for one set, if both sets arrive.

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, will this reflect on the main shipping number that I recieved? Because it shows 10 separate tracking numbers (im assuming for 8 wheels and two sets of TPMS). Since it will be schedule for delivery tomorrow, I just want to make sure if it is okay to refuse delivery for one set, if both sets arrive.

You're welcome - I'm going to have order 4792493 brought back to us which has a total of (5) packages. 4 wheels and one box with your sensors. I'm not entirely sure why the separate order had a sensor shipped via USPS but I'm going to allow them to be delivered as we're unable to have USPS shipments stopped. I don't believe it's going to happen but in the event that both are delivered please do not refuse the one. Just let me know and I'll schedule UPS to come out and pick them up for you.

Alex

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Looking at 4792493 it shows only one wheel as part of that order

but the tracking info in that same email shows 10 packages and one "still in process"

So just to be positive, only the 4 wheels in that tracking will be returned and I can drop off the TPMS in mail , or are the UPS shipped TPMS going back? I just dont want that entire shipment to get returned by accident.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
All these threatening threads to vendors are stupid. This all could have been done with a simple PM. Mistakes happen everyday because we are human and in most cases can be fixed very easy.

I think there should be a rule about all these posts!

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
All these threatening threads to vendors are stupid. This all could have been done with a simple PM. Mistakes happen everyday because we are human and in most cases can be fixed very easy.

I think there should be a rule about all these posts!
Nobody is threatening anyone. Instead of PM I called AM directly this morning (picking up the phone..what a novel concept) and had a 35 minute call (20 minutes of which were on hold) with someone that supposedly talked to a SuperVisor and said nothing can be done, and its going to be 3-4 weeks before I may even see a refund. Yeah Im a little irritated when I see almost a grand out of my account by accident. I had a bad experience and Ive been a long time customer of AM and that was how I was treated. Paypal RECOGNIZED the duplicate as a duplicate and was going to cover me until it got resolved. I hop on here and post my experience, and you perceive that as a threat? lol

ALL I was asking was if there was some way to expedite the return and process the mistake and their customer service rep wasnt able to help me via the main number and just brushed off.

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Looking at 4792493 it shows only one wheel as part of that order.

but the tracking info in that same email shows 10 packages and one "still in process"

So just to be positive, only the 4 wheels in that tracking will be returned and I can drop off the TPMS in mail , or are the UPS shipped TPMS going back? I just dont want that entire shipment to get returned by accident.

Order 4792493 has 5 tracking numbers associated with it - 4 wheels and one box with the TPMS sensors. I'm going to have that order stopped and returned back to us.

Once it's received on site we'll have a refund set up immediately. PayPal typically works fairly fast and I wanted to apologize about the incorrect info that came from my customer service team.

Alex
Sponsored