Sponsored

Doors Won't Stay Locked

JoseB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
After locking the doors on this 2019 GT convertible, I'll return minutes later without my 'intelligent access key' and find that I can unlock the door by touching the door handle sensor as though I actually had a key. So -- the car was never really locked. I get the same result whether locking with the door switch or a key. I also get the same result after locking the car, placing my keys in a steel pot with a lid, and taking the pot 50 feet from the car. (Possibly relevant, this car has functioning remote start.)
Perhaps someone has an idea on how to get the car to stay locked -- as I didn't find a related thread.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Check under the cup holder in the center console. The bottom liner lifts out.

Edited to add: Leave your key in the house and go see if you can start the car. If it starts, there is another fob in the car somewhere

OP
OP
JoseB

JoseB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Lacanteen, Excellent logic! I believe your process at least eliminated a key hidden in my car as the source. With all of my keys (3) in a steel pot 50 feet from the car, at least it would not start and "No Key Detected" was posted (properly). I suppose the source is software or door wiring. Thank You!
As before, the doors won't stay locked.
Sponsored