Door Leaking between panel and metal, passenger side, near speaker

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Bullitt with 1,600 miles
Ive noticed water dripping after a wash between the door card/panel and the metal.
Its on the passenger side and under the lower speaker.
I'm guessing the inner membrane could be loose and not directing the water to the drain correctly???
Anyone else?
Covered under warranty I hope!?!?!
jYFUvGVMTtiPum%73euZvQ.jpg
jYFUvGVMTtiPum%73euZvQ.jpg
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did you buy the car new? That's weird. But yes, something is not right in there. Water always gets into the doors, but it should flow down, then out, thru the 2 water drain holes. In your case, there's something wrong with the speaker 'half cone' that prevents water from entering like that. I asked if you bought the car new because I suspect a previous owner probably changed the speakers (or removed the speaker for some other reason), and didn't do the re-assembling job right. Otherwise, it'd be a rare factory defect. It should be easy to fix once the door panel is removed. Good luck.

OP
OP
TXAG96

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you buy the car new? That's weird. But yes, something is not right in there. Water always gets into the doors, but it should flow down, then out, thru the 2 water drain holes. In your case, there's something wrong with the speaker 'half cone' that prevents water from entering like that. I asked if you bought the car new because I suspect a previous owner probably changed the speakers (or removed the speaker for some other reason), and didn't do the re-assembling job right. Otherwise, it'd be a rare factory defect. It should be easy to fix once the door panel is removed. Good luck.
Original owner was FoMoCo in Dearborn and driven 160mi. It then sat for months until I bought it in January.
I drove it home from Chicago to Houston and put 1200 miles in that trip.
Funny I’ve noticed the dome life assy being loose, the battery cover not installed properly, the rear valance missing screws, the two antenna sitting loose under the rear bumper cover, rear seat not clipped in. The radio will not pick up AM stations. Who knows what else I’ll find.

I wonder if the Ford person who had it wrecked /damaged it and they didn’t report damage ???

41E80B29-D0E9-44ED-9A60-13120D15F808.jpeg

OP
OP
TXAG96

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Original owner was FoMoCo in Dearborn and driven 160mi. It then sat for months until I bought it in January.
I drove it home from Chicago to Houston and put 1200 miles in that trip.
Funny I’ve noticed the dome life assy being loose, the battery cover not installed properly, the rear valance missing screws, the two antenna sitting loose under the rear bumper cover, rear seat not clipped in. The radio will not pick up AM stations. Who knows what else I’ll find.

I wonder if the Ford person who had it wrecked /damaged it and they didn’t report damage ???
Sponsored