Do I need camber plates for a 1” drop?

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hey y’all looking at suspension for my 2017 GT to get off these fortune auto coilovers. My car is lowered like an inch and a half now but it has camber plates.

im looking at the steeda pro action shocks/struts with their sport progressive lowering spring. Do I need to buy their $400 camber plates? Can I just do bolts? I’ve never had my camber plates adjusted on my coilovers and I’m lower than that. I have no abnormal tire wear at all. Looking for help. Thank you
Hey y’all looking at suspension for my 2017 GT to get off these fortune auto coilovers. My car is lowered like an inch and a half now but it has camber plates.

im looking at the steeda pro action shocks/struts with their sport progressive lowering spring. Do I need to buy their $400 camber plates? Can I just do bolts? I’ve never had my camber plates adjusted on my coilovers and I’m lower than that. I have no abnormal tire wear at all. Looking for help. Thank you
if your not regularly changing your alignment and you are already able to dial in the desired camber Than I do not see the need for camber plates. If you do have an issue dialing in the desired camber then you would benefit from camber plates, or the much less expensive option of camper bolts

On a related note, I highly recommend that you look into a bump steer kit such as the one sold by Steeda. Bump steer gets introduced as a result of the lowering changing your suspension geometry
Sponsored

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
if your not regularly changing your alignment and you are already able to dial in the desired camber Than I do not see the need for camber plates. If you do have an issue dialing in the desired camber then you would benefit from camber plates, or the much less expensive option of camper bolts

On a related note, I highly recommend that you look into a bump steer kit such as the one sold by Steeda. Bump steer gets introduced as a result of the lowering changing your suspension geometry
I already do have the bump steer kit installed on my car. 😁