Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Side Marker Problem

chazoshea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Help!
I fitted DD Side Markers using the supplied (crappy) taps and wiring harness and tapped into my rear number plate wiring. Tested that all was OK, then decided to tighten up the harness connectors then nothing worked! No side marker lights, no rear licence plate lights, so I guess I blew a fuse. Cannot find the fuse that protects the licence plate lights in the User Manual and NOTHING ON ANY FORUM. I can’t be the 1st person to do this. Help me someone please identy the FUSE number!!
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
another way if you have a multimeter is to check continuity on fuses, tedious but youll find it eventually

OP
OP
chazoshea

chazoshea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks BUT i am looking for the fuse that protects as a first measure, SOMEONE OUT THERE MUST KNOW THIS

l
another way if you have a multimeter is to check continuity on fuses, tedious but youll find it eventually

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Hang on, why in the world would you tap anything with their side markers? The side markers do not even come with a tap, it's literally plug and play:

15_ford_mustang_sidemarker_red_back_side_2.jpg

OP
OP
chazoshea

chazoshea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Because in the EU/AU models the stock side marker is a dummy reflector. Diode Dynamics supply a wiring harness to tap into the licence plate wiring for power... now forgive me, I dont want to appear rude to all my Stang friends out there, BUT an answer to my post is all that is required (to recap) WHAT IS THE FUSE NUMBER THAT PROTECTS THE LICENCE PLATE LIGHTS PLEASE

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Because in the EU/AU models the stock side marker is a dummy reflector. Diode Dynamics supply a wiring harness to tap into the licence plate wiring for power... now forgive me, I dont want to appear rude to all my Stang friends out there, BUT an answer to my post is all that is required (to recap) WHAT IS THE FUSE NUMBER THAT PROTECTS THE LICENCE PLATE LIGHTS PLEASE
Umm, just a quick question, I have never blown a fuse in a car before (knock on wood), but it should be pretty easy to spot if a fuse is blown right? While waiting here why not check if any of the fuse is blown first, if all is fine then probably it's some other problem, if only one is blown try replacing it and try again, if more than one is blown then you have some other problems with your car.

Also, with my Miata the backside of the fuse box cover has the a diagram that says which fuse is for what and marks the amps it needs, haven't checked my Mustang yet since I haven't been doing anything related to electronics in the car yet.

OP
OP
chazoshea

chazoshea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
OK GUYS......problem solved and everything is working now. Once I switched the engine on everything was functioning again. Must be the management system. Anyways guys, thanks for trying to help but it would be useful if responses were targeted to answering the question posed....just saying like
P.s. im extremely happy with my ILLUMINATED Side Markers
Pps. DukeGaga... Blown fuses don’t give any visible sign that they have blown. There is a new breed of fuses that illuminate when blown but car manufacturers are slow to adopt these.

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Glad you have working lights! Just for future reference, there are no fuses for these lighting circuits, at least not in the traditional sense. Current flow to these lights is monitored by the Body Control Module (BCM) and shut off in case of a problem by electronic switches within the BCM, and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is set. No replaceable fuses........... A scan tool is needed to read any codes set by the BCM.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
just be sure that that you seal the hole that the wires enter the housing.
if water gets in there, bye bye light.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
OK GUYS......problem solved and everything is working now. Once I switched the engine on everything was functioning again. Must be the management system. Anyways guys, thanks for trying to help but it would be useful if responses were targeted to answering the question posed....just saying like ����
P.s. im extremely happy with my ILLUMINATED Side Markers
Pps. DukeGaga... Blown fuses don’t give any visible sign that they have blown. There is a new breed of fuses that illuminate when blown but car manufacturers are slow to adopt these.
Noted, hopefully I'll never need to check my fuses. :headbonk:
Sponsored