Diode Dynamics Sequential Amber/White DRL Replacement Kit for the S550

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
This is a mod I really want to make happen. DD makes replacement LED boards that replace the factory DRL's (next to each headlight) that use the white LED's for a brighter DRL than factory, and amber LED's for turn signals that match the sequence pattern of the rear tail lights. But, and there always is one, I would have to remove the headlight housing, stick it in the oven to relax the glue and then open them up to get to the factory DRL boards. This invites a water leak or condensation issue when they are glued back together and reinstalled in the car.

Has anyone installed these into their S550? I did call DD to see if they sold a complete installation and they said no. I don't have a local shop around here that I would know to take it to. My only option that I currently see is to purchase a set from a junker and hopefully they won't be to scratched, and use that as the set to install the DD kit in and keep my stock set sealed and stored.

I welcome any suggestion, or if you know of shop here in the San Francisco Bay Area that can do this type of work, perhaps my last mod can actually happen. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored

Outnumbered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This is a mod I really want to make happen. DD makes replacement LED boards that replace the factory DRL's (next to each headlight) that use the white LED's for a brighter DRL than factory, and amber LED's for turn signals that match the sequence pattern of the rear tail lights. But, and there always is one, I would have to remove the headlight housing, stick it in the oven to relax the glue and then open them up to get to the factory DRL boards. This invites a water leak or condensation issue when they are glued back together and reinstalled in the car.

Has anyone installed these into their S550? I did call DD to see if they sold a complete installation and they said no. I don't have a local shop around here that I would know to take it to. My only option that I currently see is to purchase a set from a junker and hopefully they won't be to scratched, and use that as the set to install the DD kit in and keep my stock set sealed and stored.

I welcome any suggestion, or if you know of shop here in the San Francisco Bay Area that can do this type of work, perhaps my last mod can actually happen. Thanks for reading.

Outnumbered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I am adding these at the end of the month. There is a shop in SoCal doing it for me and they are painting the housing black too. It’s called Evil Headlights.

OP
OP
pctek

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I'm in Northern California. I imagine you're taking your car to them and not using a "junk yard" set of headlights?